Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Waiting....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Waiting.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Waiting.... - 7/13/2010 7:44:33 PM   
CaptRio

Am I the only one who's stopped playing and is waiting for the patch to address the bugs? (pathing, AI, AI not attacking, LOS issues, etc)

Im playing a nice Longest Day GC instead.

Just my $0.02

< Message edited by CaptRio -- 7/13/2010 9:05:35 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Waiting.... - 7/13/2010 7:46:49 PM   
JudgeDredd

I don't know if you are the only one, but I haven't stopped....yet.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to CaptRio)
Post #: 2
RE: Waiting.... - 7/13/2010 8:47:47 PM   
berndn

Nope, I'm still having lot's of fun and I'm still playing :)

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 3
RE: Waiting.... - 7/13/2010 9:10:30 PM   
mavraamides

I'm still playing the 1st AB north scenario and loving it. Of course, I haven't had any finicky armor yet. If I hit the point where its too annoying to play, I've got WAR to keep me company until they fix the bugs.

(in reply to berndn)
Post #: 4
RE: Waiting.... - 7/13/2010 9:38:07 PM   
RD Oddball

The changes we're working on are not something that will happen overnight or even within a week or two. After they're done they'll require testing to make sure some other aspect of the game wasn't effected thereby creating larger problems. We can't give you an approximate time as we'd hate to quote something and find we need more time. Additionally we won't knowingly release a product we're not confident is as good as it can be. So we appreciate your continued patience while you wait and thanks for understanding.

One thing that will help us is that you guys continue to post information about the handful of issues that have been reported so far. All the information we gather helps. Although our testing team does a good job nothing beats a large sample size. Your help is appreciated.

(in reply to mavraamides)
Post #: 5
RE: Waiting.... - 7/14/2010 2:03:31 AM   
jomni

For me the strat AI thing is the gamebreaker.  But while waiting, I play Germans as it is still fun and challenging.
LOS and pathing are no biggies, they're there in the old titles and I have learned to live with them.

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 6
RE: Waiting.... - 7/14/2010 3:02:45 AM   
dudalb_slith

I am having a lot of fun with the scenarios, but will not play the operations or campaigns until the "pacifist" attacking forces bug is fixed.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 7
RE: Waiting.... - 7/14/2010 3:29:16 AM   
Captmatt

Im still going.  I'm still enjoying.  But I'm simple like that. Besides, how else are you going to find more bugs? 

(in reply to dudalb_slith)
Post #: 8
RE: Waiting.... - 7/14/2010 4:04:37 AM   
Dundradal

Like Oddball, said the best way to help the patching process is to make them aware of all the bugs that they may have missed or did not show up on their testing systems.

I'm going to keep playing and keep reporting to help them out.

(in reply to Captmatt)
Post #: 9
RE: Waiting.... - 7/14/2010 1:18:53 PM   
RD Oddball

Thank you Dundradal.

(in reply to Dundradal)
Post #: 10
RE: Waiting.... - 7/14/2010 7:39:48 PM   
7A_Woulf

Still playing! Best title since CC2/CC3, despite lousy AI and pathing-probs for the vehicles.

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 11
RE: Waiting.... - 7/14/2010 9:18:25 PM   
Korzun

I still can't find any serious bugs in this one. AI? Who cares. H2H is the real thing. Pathfinding? Has it been better in other titles. Nope. It is the way CC used to be gameplay wise.

(in reply to 7A_Woulf)
Post #: 12
RE: Waiting.... - 7/15/2010 12:32:18 AM   
7A_Woulf

Was in a bit of short time last time I wrote.
Really happy with this new re-release, it was CC2 that brought me into the 'CC-swamp', as well as 'Operation Market-Garden; Descent Into Hell' that opened the world of board-gaming for me. I have a strange passion for Market-garden and LSA is a great new re-release!

Downloaded it the first day and have played at least a few AI-games every day. Have no big issues with it so far, yes the AI is as dead as it been since CC3 and the vehicle-pathing isn't that great (micro-manage your tanks, they didn't rush forward IRL either!). But as long as you play as the allied and follow some simple 'house-rules' the experience (even in an AI game) is decent, even if I'm a total 'reality-freak'!

We can't get a better game if we don't play, and then play some more, and even if we do that, there is some limitations in the game-engine of CC... If you want a total experience play h2h; -I will, even if I get my balls kicked in every h2h game of CC!

(in reply to Korzun)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Waiting.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI