Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI's cluster tactics

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> AI's cluster tactics Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI's cluster tactics - 12/3/2000 5:17:00 AM   
McGib

Like alot of others I'm married, unlike alot of others I'm unable to commit the amount time to play SPWAW. So quite often I just run AI vs AI battles just to see what happens, and one tactic I've noticed is the AI's tendency to cluster units all around the VH's. The AI will leave dug in postions to travel to sit facing in whatever direction if ends its movement in. Portions of units will remain while others run off to guard VH on occasions. Whats up with this?? This doesnt exactly strike me as a quality tactic. I know Matrix staff are focusing on new projects so does anyone know of anyway to stop this? It sure makes fighting the AI just a little to easy. "Just fire all the arty and send in the strike aircraft on to the target location major, trust me thats where the enemy is" ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready
Post #: 1
- 12/5/2000 5:44:00 AM   
McGib

Just bringing this back up to the top of the list

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 2
- 12/5/2000 7:38:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by McGib: Like alot of others I'm married, unlike alot of others I'm unable to commit the amount time to play SPWAW. So quite often I just run AI vs AI battles just to see what happens, and one tactic I've noticed is the AI's tendency to cluster units all around the VH's. The AI will leave dug in postions to travel to sit facing in whatever direction if ends its movement in. Portions of units will remain while others run off to guard VH on occasions. Whats up with this?? This doesnt exactly strike me as a quality tactic. I know Matrix staff are focusing on new projects so does anyone know of anyway to stop this? It sure makes fighting the AI just a little to easy. "Just fire all the arty and send in the strike aircraft on to the target location major, trust me thats where the enemy is"
Unfortunately the AI is not very strong or smart, Not sure whether anything can be done about it or not. The AI in SPww2 seemed better somehow, maybe the matrix guys could look into that.

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> AI's cluster tactics Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI