Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

army SBD transref base and change to A-20 V in 1.20

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> army SBD transref base and change to A-20 V in 1.20 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
army SBD transref base and change to A-20 V in 1.20 - 8/13/2002 9:43:25 AM   
shark

I just transfered my army SBD's from Port Morsbey to Gilli Gilli and they changed to havocs when i got my Pbem file back.:mad:
Game is Pbem with a 3 day turn cycle.
Post #: 1
Response... - 8/13/2002 9:56:25 AM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, those Army Dauntlesses will upgrade to Havocs. That's the upgrade path for them in UV and it will eventually happen. I'd also rather have the Dauntlesses in many cases, but you have to work with what higher command gives you. :)

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to shark)
Post #: 2
Re: Response... - 8/13/2002 11:47:59 AM   
shark

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Erik Rutins
[B]Yes, those Army Dauntlesses will upgrade to Havocs. That's the upgrade path for them in UV and it will eventually happen. I'd also rather have the Dauntlesses in many cases, but you have to work with what higher command gives you. :)

Thanks for the prompt reply and great UV support.
I didnt think to check on "upgrade paths" for such an obvious downgrade.I should of counted on that happening on the turn i T/X then to a level 2 airfield!!!!grrr

(in reply to shark)
Post #: 3
It's not all bad - 8/13/2002 7:32:52 PM   
Gabby

The upside to losing the a-24's is that once their expierence get's high enough, those A-20's, seem to be really good at skip bombing.

I haven't tried to use the Med bombers for skip bombing till my latest game, and I'm sorry I haven't. I don't have any numbers but the hit rate seems very high, espically against a lightly defended convoy. I think I have raids from PM with somewhere around 30 A-20's, B-25's, and B-26's and got a report of 15 bomb hits, and 50 shell(50 cal) hits.

Plus at 100 ft the bombers 50 cal's can penetrate and cause some damage including critical hits themselves.

(in reply to shark)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> army SBD transref base and change to A-20 V in 1.20 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI