Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM - Reports!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> PBEM - Reports! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM - Reports! - 8/9/2010 6:38:24 PM   
dr.hal

Greetings folks. I'm playing the Guadalcanal event with a chap in Poland and he is the Japs (poor fellow) and I am the Allies. We are in move four, BUT have a problem. He is forwarding me the outcome as per the manual, but all the Sig Int Reports and Operational Reports are 1K with no details at all! Now I KNOW I've been seeing things and sending out recons but nothing is coming through (except when I captured Guadalcanal). What are we doing wrong??? Why can't he forward to me my reports as a file? I get the file but it contains nothing. I know he is using the radio and not coconut shells, so does anyone have a clue as to what we set up wrong? Thanks, Hal
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM - Reports! - 8/9/2010 9:56:12 PM   
viberpol

There are two kinds of (a/j)sigint and (a/j)operationsreport.
Those starting with a (like asigint) should be empty or almost empty if he's playing Japan. (A Japanese player receives actually info from other side of the barricade like "Rockhampton expands port to size 4" etc. only)
He should not forward you his reports (jsigint and joperationsreport) because he's giving you this way some important information you should not have. He also should not forward you combat reports as the results are FOWed and can differ.

If you guys play WITP AE (do you?), you need only two pws files from him. One with replay and the second -- with orders given. All reports are generated separately for the two PBEM players.

< Message edited by viberpol -- 8/9/2010 10:07:56 PM >

Przy lackim orle, przy koniu Kiejstuta Archanioł Rusi na proporcach błysł

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM - Reports! - 8/10/2010 1:35:35 AM   
Pratzen

You need to actually type in your password when you run the replay file to get the allied view reports.

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 3
RE: PBEM - Reports! - 8/10/2010 4:49:44 PM   
dr.hal

Thanks Viberpol. Yes we are playing AE, great stuff! I think you have given me the solution, as he is only sending the one pws file that is saved to another slot (we are using slot 23), I take it the other pws file is in slot one or two????? Thanks again so much for your help, I LOVE this game... cheers Hal.

(in reply to Pratzen)
Post #: 4
RE: PBEM - Reports! - 8/11/2010 1:28:04 AM   
vonTirpitz

Correct.

The combat replay file is saved as wpae001.pws. The Japanese player should send the replay file along with the game file to their Allied opponent once they have advanced their turn.

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

Thanks Viberpol. Yes we are playing AE, great stuff! I think you have given me the solution, as he is only sending the one pws file that is saved to another slot (we are using slot 23), I take it the other pws file is in slot one or two????? Thanks again so much for your help, I LOVE this game... cheers Hal.

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 5
RE: PBEM - Reports! - 8/11/2010 3:50:48 PM   
dr.hal

Hey guys it work... thanks to all. What I was missing is that you had to open 001 file FIRST before you loaded the saved game slot, and then play from there. I really appreciate your help, our game is going smoothly now thanks to you all. Cheers, Hal

(in reply to vonTirpitz)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> PBEM - Reports! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI