Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

USA 42 Squad Upgrade

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> USA 42 Squad Upgrade Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
USA 42 Squad Upgrade - 8/17/2010 3:43:04 AM   
Heeward

It is now July 5, 1942.

Do I have to stockpile a entire division worth (273) of USA Rifle Squad 42 for a division to upgrade? As I have 17-18 Division equivalents in game right now and receive 80 squads a month, will it take about 60 months to complete the upgrade?

Or is there some requirements not mentioned in the manual that I need to meet.

For example
I have three divisions at Pearl Harbor with 2.5 million supply, in the same hex as the their command - Pacific Ocean Area. In Rest/Training with Replacements on.

The Wake
Post #: 1
RE: USA 42 Squad Upgrade - 8/17/2010 3:46:05 AM   
Nomad

Divide the divisions into three parts. Then you will only need to have 91 USA 42 squads to have each one change. Note that the 91 USA 41 squads will upgrade into USA 42 squads and be available next turn.

(in reply to Heeward)
Post #: 2
RE: USA 42 Squad Upgrade - 8/17/2010 3:51:36 AM   
witpqs

Be aware that base forces often arrive without any infantry squads and take the 10 or 12 they need from the pool. Get a bunch of those happening and they will really slow down your division/regiment upgrades. Keep an eye on the base forces and (temporarily) turn off replacements as warranted.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 3
RE: USA 42 Squad Upgrade - 8/17/2010 3:54:22 AM   
Sredni

Be careful about dividing divisions to facilitate replacements. I did that with OZ div 5 at the start of the war and I still can't get them to recombine.

(in reply to Heeward)
Post #: 4
RE: USA 42 Squad Upgrade - 8/17/2010 3:58:41 AM   
Heeward

Hmmm So what I am reading is that I need to turn off replacements for all units that take USA Rifle 42 squads for 1.5 months to build up a reserve and then selectively divide divisions into parts and have each part upgrade sequentially. Therefore It will initially take four days for first division to upgrade the second will take only three days; and latter divisions, taking less time as the pool reserve builds up to 2 regiment equivalents. However combat units needing replacements in this time would be starved.

Will USA Rifle Squads directly upgrade to USA Rifle 1943 squads without upgrading to USA Rifle 1942 squads?

< Message edited by Heeward -- 8/17/2010 4:03:50 AM >

The Wake

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 5
RE: USA 42 Squad Upgrade - 8/17/2010 7:25:22 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Heeward

It is now July 5, 1942.

Do I have to stockpile a entire division worth (273) of USA Rifle Squad 42 for a division to upgrade? As I have 17-18 Division equivalents in game right now and receive 80 squads a month, will it take about 60 months to complete the upgrade?

Or is there some requirements not mentioned in the manual that I need to meet.

For example
I have three divisions at Pearl Harbor with 2.5 million supply, in the same hex as the their command - Pacific Ocean Area. In Rest/Training with Replacements on.

you will have enough squads because as soon as you reach the 280 squads in the pool you need to upgrade a division you will see a division upgrading each day. The squads don´t vanish, they go back into the pool.

(in reply to Heeward)
Post #: 6
RE: USA 42 Squad Upgrade - 8/17/2010 1:45:34 PM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Be aware that base forces often arrive without any infantry squads and take the 10 or 12 they need from the pool. Get a bunch of those happening and they will really slow down your division/regiment upgrades. Keep an eye on the base forces and (temporarily) turn off replacements as warranted.

"Tip" of the day since óld squads in the pool is semi useless, if u have a pool before the 42 squads arrive, fill up those base forces with 41 squads from the pool. They upgrade to 42 and return the squads that way u dont lose any squads and actually get some thing out of the pool.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Heeward

Will USA Rifle Squads directly upgrade to USA Rifle 1943 squads without upgrading to USA Rifle 1942 squads?

They should, but as mentioned by others. When u replace lets say 100 US 41 squads with 100 42 squads. The old 41 squads are returned to the pool as 100 42 squads. So in pratice u dont actually lose any thing from the pool. Once u have the critical mass the convertions should go fast if facilitated.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 7
RE: USA 42 Squad Upgrade - 8/17/2010 4:30:47 PM   
crsutton

Yes, this really is not a concern for US troops as both troop reserves and device pools fill up very fast. Upgrading them is pretty painless and does not require much attention. As stated in an earlier post it can be a problem for Commonwealth units as some devices are in very short supply and slow to build. (25 pounders, 6 pounder AT guns and vickers MGs seem to be the real problem) and you may have a long wait to recombine brigades into a parent unit. You need to keep an eye on your pools. Still the difference between say 42 commonwealth squads and 43 might be worth upgrading a unit even if you have to wait to recombine the parent unit. The 43 squad get a very big bost in AT defence values (piat, I suppose) so that it may be worth it to go ahead.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> USA 42 Squad Upgrade Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI