Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Simple Question for veterans

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Simple Question for veterans Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Simple Question for veterans - 8/19/2002 10:31:38 PM   
Vetkin

What does Fast Artillery do exactly?

As I understand it, a delay of 0.1-0.3 means that the artillery comes at the end of my turn.

Does a delay of say 1.1 mean that it comes at the end of my opponents turn or at the end of MY next turn?
Post #: 1
- 8/19/2002 11:15:52 PM   
Jim1954

Fast artillery will make the bombardment pass a WHOLE lot quicker. It doesn't affect accuracy or anything like that, but it will help with the wait you have to suffer. It's bad enough to get smeared by 152mm but even worse to wait and watch for 5 mins.

Anything over 1.0 on the delay means don't count on it this turn.

If a unit is notated as such, then I think you are getting into the area of battalion level mortars, etc. which had a better com link to the front line units and response time was quicker.

Is this what you were asking?

(in reply to Vetkin)
Post #: 2
- 8/19/2002 11:43:38 PM   
bchapman

Vetkin,
You will want Fast Artillery OFF, if you want to see where your opponents rounds are falling in the replay. If he has a lot of arty, then it gets sort of boring to watch in the replay (as Jim1954 mentioned). But with the Fast Artillery on, you might have alot of suppression at the first of your turn that you can't account for. This is usually because of artillery barrages that don't show up on the replay.
Also, if you want to see the fall of the arty, then both players have to have the Fast Artillery turned OFF!
This doesn't affect the delay of your artillery in any way.
If I understand correctly, a 1.1 delay will come at the end of your next turn.
0.1 to 0.3 arrives at the end of the your present turn
.4 to 1.0 arrives at the end of the opponents turn
1.1 to 1.3 comes at the end of your next turn,
ETC, ETC,
Hope this helps,

Jim1954, is that your year model? Same as me:) Getting a little long in the tooth!
Rebelbug

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

(in reply to Vetkin)
Post #: 3
- 8/19/2002 11:53:03 PM   
Jim1954

Yep, that's the deal. Not as good as I once was, but as good once as I ever was.

(in reply to Vetkin)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Simple Question for veterans Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI