Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

More info on AI please

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> More info on AI please Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
More info on AI please - 9/12/2010 6:41:41 PM   
john688

I'm very close to buying but as I play mostly single player I'd like hear more feedback on the new AI, I know Juggalos report wasn't to promising but how does it compare to say the SSG games, which I rate as the of the best.

Post #: 1
RE: More info on AI please - 9/13/2010 1:54:38 PM   
Longstreet_slith

I am very interested in the AI as well as a solo player only. Juggalos report has made me hesitate in purchasing.

-Longstreet

(in reply to john688)
Post #: 2
RE: More info on AI please - 9/13/2010 3:59:34 PM   
Erik Rutins

I've found it to put up a good fight - with that said, I'm sure Vic will investigate Juggalo's report and see what can be improved. I have seen the AI conduct air strikes on my units and it uses good strategy both on attack and defense in terms of how it concentrates and uses its forces.

I'm sure you want to also hear from someone other than me, but that's my experience.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Longstreet_slith)
Post #: 3
RE: More info on AI please - 9/14/2010 1:07:26 AM   
TAIL GUNNER

quote:

ORIGINAL: Longstreet

I am very interested in the AI as well as a solo player only. Juggalos report has made me hesitate in purchasing.

-Longstreet

Well like I said, my experience was with the Allied AI in Fall Gelb....a very large, complex scenario.
Your mileage may vary with the other scenarios....I haven't delved too deeply into them yet....

Do I regret this purchase? Not at all!
Had a ton of fun with it, but I will admit my enthusiasm is rapidly waning because of a lack of any type of editor...

PS - GO HAWKEYES!
(I grew up in So. Iowa)

ChadG

(in reply to Longstreet_slith)
Post #: 4
RE: More info on AI please - 9/14/2010 1:16:19 AM   
Chocolino

I am a beginner in this game and may not play it very well, but I (delightfully) struggle against the AI to meet my objectives in time even at the easiest settings. That in itself may not necessarily be caused by a strong AI since the designer can always make the time lines shorter and give the AI more units etc. But I think that as far as AI's go it is well done. It is very watchful of encirclements and tries to open supply routes to cut-off units for example. It builds decent front lines instead of "point defense" of victory cities. It will try to forestall your attempts to outflank it (even though you may still manage occasionally) etc.

But I am not saying that Juggalo is wrong with his observations - he is correct - just that the game is highly enjoyable despite these issues (for me at least).

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: More info on AI please - 9/14/2010 4:13:12 AM   
bairdlander2

Playing Case Yellow as Germans and find the Allies are encircloing my forward units and putting up a good defense.

(in reply to Chocolino)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> More info on AI please Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI