Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

First Impressions: UI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> First Impressions: UI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First Impressions: UI - 9/1/2010 11:19:40 PM   
borsook79

Generally the game has very clear and pleasant UI, but there is room for improvement in the design:

- The UI is too horizontal, at very least the top bar could be made into a side bar, esp. since more and more people have wide screens with much more space on the sides, on such a monitor map looks like a very thin and long strip.

- Preferences could be accessible from the main menu, esp the ones concerning sound-music, now the only way change them is to start a scenario, while the music start playing from minute one.

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
Post #: 1
RE: First Impressions: UI - 9/2/2010 6:24:57 AM   
Spechtmeise

I am totally against sidebars. Up and down for game management, right and left for play, that's how it works for me. As to the preferences: it wouldn't hurt to have them available from the main menu. But then, there aren't that many options anyway.

Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They're Not Out to Get Me!

(in reply to borsook79)
Post #: 2
RE: First Impressions: UI - 9/2/2010 12:56:24 PM   
Josh

Well I agree with Borsook on the horizontal thing. I was very used to AT and the right sidebar, now it's in the upper side making the map indeed a bit long and narrow. Besides, human eyes are more adapted to scan horizontally (left-right, right-left) than vertically.

Moreover, I'd prefer if the rightclick for more info (rightclick and hold for more info) would be replaced with a mousehover in the same rightside bar. Not that I mind a very small upperbar in your upperscreen, but that would be for info you don't check regularly.

(in reply to Spechtmeise)
Post #: 3
RE: First Impressions: UI - 9/2/2010 2:05:31 PM   
Redmarkus5

Just remember, after playing wargames late into the night, night after night, some of us are indeed no longer truly human.  My eyes, for example, now scan in circles! 

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 4
RE: First Impressions: UI - 9/16/2010 9:08:27 AM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

- The UI is too horizontal, at very least the top bar could be made into a side bar, esp. since more and more people have wide screens with much more space on the sides, on such a monitor map looks like a very thin and long strip.

The design goal was to have the game be playable on very small screen resolutions. Like netbooks for example.
Additional sidebar(s) eat up too much space in such cases.

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 5
RE: First Impressions: UI - 9/16/2010 11:55:16 AM   
Dunhill_BKK

I play on a netbook and it runs very well.

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 6
RE: First Impressions: UI - 9/16/2010 3:52:10 PM   
GlobalExplorer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc von Martial
The design goal was to have the game be playable on very small screen resolutions. Like netbooks for example.

Why?

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> First Impressions: UI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI