Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Random Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Random Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Random Questions - 12/11/2000 8:44:00 AM   
heintz28

HI, Just some random questions..... How do i delete(move) victory hexes from a map i loaded from some other scenario ? How can I set up a campaign with the player getting "MY" choises of equipment/units. I want to set up a campaign with a pre-set core force and alow the player only to "buy" support/replacements What are all of the types of hits a vehical can take? (ie. Antenna Mast, suspention...) I've seen many but what is possible? thanks for the help

Post #: 1
- 12/11/2000 10:42:00 AM   
Flashfyre

Hey, heintz.....think I can help with some of your questions. To move (unable to delete)a VH: In deployment mode, select victory hex submenu (double red flag button). Select victory flag to change(use "next"/"previous" and "locate" buttons to find correct one), then select new hex to move it to. Also make any changes in value, spotting, and type at this time. Since you can't delete a flag, the only thing you can do is place it over another flag, and adjust the point values. Each flag in a hex adds it's points to the others; i.e. 2 flags, each worth 50, will make the hex worth 100 when captured. As for your type of campaign, I am not sure, but I think if you set the Buy points to 0, and Supply points to whatever, then the player cannot buy core units, but will be able to get support ones. Then you have to buy and place, as AUX units, all core forces you wish to be available in each scenario. If this info is incorrect, hopefully some of the designers can steer you right. Lastly, I don't know all the possible hits, but here are the ones I've seen: Main Gun Main Gun Optics Coaxial Gun AA gun Toolbox Suspension Engine Crew Stunned Radio Mast Ok, WB.....how many have I missed?

The Motor Pool http://www.geocities.com/aurion_eq/index.html?976419304550 [email]kmcferren@onemain.com[/email]

(in reply to heintz28)
Post #: 2
- 12/11/2000 12:22:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I think you got 'em all, Flashfyre. What about "turret ring?" I think that is one too. Nice answer...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to heintz28)
Post #: 3
- 12/11/2000 12:53:00 PM   
Bonzo

And, the most common, Hull Damage and Turret damage ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

(in reply to heintz28)
Post #: 4
- 12/11/2000 12:57:00 PM   
Bonzo

I'm too quick on the send Also see hits to the track, sometimes causing imobilization. I've had one of those British Mark VIb's imobilized by infantry rifle fire to the tracks. ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

(in reply to heintz28)
Post #: 5
- 12/11/2000 3:40:00 PM   
Bill

On the point noted by Bonzo, hull damage and turret damage, what are the systems that have been affected when a number of stars are shown? Can the same ones be affected twice? For example, if a vehicle suffers three stars of turret damage does that mean (possibly) the main armament, coax and radio if in the turret are all u.s? Then would another damage star on a subsequent shot indicate that a different system is know damaged. This would be handy to know particularily if you are Allies against Panthers etc (a la Utah to the Rhine - still going strong!). Bill

(in reply to heintz28)
Post #: 6
- 12/12/2000 12:23:00 AM   
Billy Yank

quote:

Originally posted by heintz28: How can I set up a campaign with the player getting "MY" choises of equipment/units. I want to set up a campaign with a pre-set core force and alow the player only to "buy" support/replacements
There's no real way to do that, but here's a trick that might work: Once you've finished creating your campaign, start it up. Buy the core units you want the players to use, buy the support units for the first battle, then save the game when you get to the deploy screen. Package the save files with the campaign and make it clear in the instructions that the players won't get the full effect of your campaign unless they use the pre-selected troops. Of course player can ignore the save-game and pick their own, but most will probably try it your way at least once. ------------------ Billy Yank I don't define "my own" the way you want me to.

Billy Yank
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
-- Thorin Oakenshield

(in reply to heintz28)
Post #: 7
- 12/12/2000 12:40:00 AM   
Charles22

heintz28: Numerous people have been on this board referring to their questions as being stupid or potentially stupid, but yours are the first which were random. Wellllll, you know what they say about random questions, don't you (you ask a random question, and you get a random answer)? So, here are your random answers: the post office, Upper Silesia, and Norman conquest. In keeping with the spirit of randomness, the number of answers provided was also random, and may or may not have equalled the number of questions randomly asked.

(in reply to heintz28)
Post #: 8
- 12/12/2000 2:19:00 AM   
Flashfyre

Ok, Charles22.....you made yer point. As for Bill's question about systems hits (*'s): Each star represents some internal system or crewman destroyed. This could be main or coax gun, radio, or others. WB and the team could answer this better. But I'm pretty sure that once knocked out, a system or crewman can't be the result of another "*" hit. I've seen a Sherman hit by one of my Tiger's 3 times, with results of **, ***, and ***, and his main gun still fired, he moved, and when destroyed, 3 crewmen jumped out! I guess I only hit the lunchbox, the record player, and the girlie mag collection.

The Motor Pool http://www.geocities.com/aurion_eq/index.html?976419304550 [email]kmcferren@onemain.com[/email]

(in reply to heintz28)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Random Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI