Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reactors

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Reactors Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reactors - 10/2/2010 2:51:37 PM   
BK6583

How many do you really need? I know it's tied to a bunch of components but they're fairly big so I'd like to build ships with the minimum necessary. Trouble is, after I've got everything loaded on a ship, I can't tell how reactor power I need. Is there anything in all of those ship building info panels that shows me how to coorelate actual power to actual needs?
Post #: 1
RE: Reactors - 10/3/2010 3:39:46 AM   
Baleur

Well you can look at the weapon damage stats in the bottom middle, look at the thing that says something like "power per second" or something, how much power all the weapons use per shot.
Try to get your reactor output to that number and slightly above, or they will run out of juice after a few shots and need to wait for the reactor to "charge up" :)

(in reply to BK6583)
Post #: 2
RE: Reactors - 10/4/2010 4:01:13 PM   
the1sean

dont forget to make sure that in addition to weapons fire, you factor in cruising and sprint speed power requirements. Also, about one power per shields generator seems to cover shield recharge costs.

(in reply to Baleur)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Reactors Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI