Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem with training scenario.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support >> Problem with training scenario. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with training scenario. - 11/12/2010 7:56:16 PM   
Manzana

I am in the process of playing the training scenario for Harpoon the commanders edition. I have already downloaded both of the patches. The quote from the training scenario specs (once the contact is established) is "For this battle we will use missiles, so choose "Missile Attack" and then click the Okay button." The missile attack option is grayed out, so there is no way to choose missile attack. Now what? Respond to carlmanzana@yahoo.com
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with training scenario. - 11/12/2010 9:45:00 PM   
Warhorse64

At the risk of stating the obvious, are you sure you've got the proper group selected? If you can't find anything obvious wrong, then probably the next step is to get a save game that reproduces the problem and send it off to Tony with a request for help.

(in reply to Manzana)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem with training scenario. - 11/12/2010 11:23:05 PM   
TonyE

I don't have Harpoon at work :( but I've given it a try now that I'm at home. See the attached screenshot.

• I found the enemy group using my helicopters at medium altitude with radar blaring.
  • I got within Harpoon range
  • I clicked my surface group then Attack then selected the Red group.
  • Dialog appears with Missiles as a choice.
  • Fire away

Attachment (1)

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to Warhorse64)
Post #: 3
Training Scenario - 11/14/2010 8:33:43 PM   
Manzana

Thank you for taking the time to address the issue.

In the training scenario walkthrough please look at 3.5 - Launching Missiles. "When the enemy is detected, select your sub group in the group window. Now click on the attack button on the top of the screen. The select Enemy target dialog apppears. In this case there is only one enemy, so click the OK button. The sub vs ship attack dialog now appears. For this battle we will use missiles, so choose Missile Attack and click the Okay button."
When I do this the missile option is grayed out. The training scenario up till this point doesnt say a word about the surface group or helicopters radar blaring or otherwise. Please advise. The training scenario stipulates that the subs attack, not the surface group.

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 4
RE: Training Scenario - 11/15/2010 5:02:32 AM   
TonyE

Are you sure you are within range of the enemy (60nm in this case)? I tried the attack from both Shallow and Deep so depth shouldn't make a difference (you are running version 2008.044 or newer right?).

You might take a stab at WestPac 1.0 as a better training scenario if this isn't working out for you.

Attachment (1)

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to Manzana)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support >> Problem with training scenario. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI