Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

GAME MANUAL

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Star Sentinel Tactics >> Tech Support >> GAME MANUAL Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GAME MANUAL - 1/5/2011 2:31:15 AM   
tyetye

So I purchased this game and downloaded last night it but cannot find the manual. Any hint where it is or what it looks like?
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: GAME MANUAL - 1/15/2011 3:09:23 AM   
tyetye

I am a little put out. I am a long time Matrix member and didn't know this game was available here. I posted this question several days ago and thought I'd get at least a little help in finding the manual. I purchased the game from another site and I have been hounding them ever since to please get me the manual. It did not appear in the download and I am certainly not going to buy another copy elsewhere just to get something I have already paid for.

There is no PDF manual anywhere on my computer for this game. Guess I will just put it up to "lesson learned" and maybe try this Distant Worlds game available here. Too bad.

(in reply to tyetye)
Post #: 2
RE: GAME MANUAL - 1/16/2011 12:41:48 AM   
PhilSST

Sorry for not spotting this sonoer. I've been busy getting the first patch out. I can't understand why "there is no PDF manual anywhere" on your computer. When I open up the Star Sentinel Tactics folder in Program Files, I have a folder called documentation and in there is a PDF manual. The version I have installed is the same version you got, because I used the official Matrix installer. I can't offer any explanation of why I have it and you don't, as I didn't create the installer. All I can say is that it works just fine for me.

(in reply to tyetye)
Post #: 3
RE: GAME MANUAL - 1/16/2011 3:22:26 AM   
bman654

He didn't buy it from Matrix: "...I purchased the game from another site..." I did not get a manual either (I purchased from Impulse). My SST folder has no Documentation folder. I assumed that meant there was no manual. Apparently it just means it is another casualty of the release confusion.

(in reply to PhilSST)
Post #: 4
RE: GAME MANUAL - 1/16/2011 6:18:49 PM   
tyetye

You are correct bman654. I purchased the game via Gamersgate and there is no "Documents" folder included in the download. I keep asking Gamersgate to get me the manual but they state that they have asked the publisher but haven't received a response. If two download sites are short the "Documentation" folder it makes you wonder if there is anything else missing.

(in reply to bman654)
Post #: 5
RE: GAME MANUAL - 1/17/2011 1:17:59 AM   
PhilSST

I delivered a manual for Gamers Gate within hours of the first time it was ever mentioned. I can try to find out when it will be made available, but I'm becoming painfully aware that I'm very low in the pecking order when it comes to such information.

(in reply to tyetye)
Post #: 6
RE: GAME MANUAL - 1/17/2011 1:32:43 AM   
tyetye

After several requests to GamersGate they sent this response to me on 1/13/11:

"We will ask for it but we do sell what they provide - maybe you can add some voice and ask them as well to provide it to us. Would help i think.

Best Regards
Ashot
Customer Support
http://www.gamersgate.com/"

On 1/5/11 I brought my concern to Matrix Games hoping to get some help. Twelve days later and the finger pointing goes on and on.

PhilSST: Can you put a burner under their tail to get this problem resolved. Thanks!

(in reply to PhilSST)
Post #: 7
RE: GAME MANUAL - 1/17/2011 6:47:32 PM   
bman654

PhilSST, did you deliver the manual to an actual gamersgate person? Or did you deliver it to your publisher to be forwarded to GamersGate? If the "logjam" is with GamersGate, I can check my contacts to see if they can push it through. If it is still with your publisher...I can do nothing :)

(in reply to tyetye)
Post #: 8
RE: GAME MANUAL - 1/18/2011 3:42:01 AM   
PhilSST

I haven't been able to have direct contact with Gamers Gate until today. I've contacted them directly today, to raise my concerns about two issues, one of which is the manual. I'll update you when I know more.

(in reply to bman654)
Post #: 9
RE: GAME MANUAL - 1/19/2011 3:33:07 AM   
bman654

fun times

(in reply to PhilSST)
Post #: 10
RE: GAME MANUAL - 1/20/2011 8:13:44 PM   
PhilSST

The manual is now available on GG, and a fixed version of the 1.01 patch has been made available as well.

(in reply to bman654)
Post #: 11
RE: GAME MANUAL - 1/21/2011 2:17:32 AM   
tyetye

PhilSST: Thanks! Just downloaded the manual from Gamers Gate without a hitch. I launched the game and hit the update button and it says that I am playing the most upto date version. What number is that and is there a patch forthcoming?
Thanks again!

(in reply to PhilSST)
Post #: 12
RE: GAME MANUAL - 1/21/2011 7:18:23 PM   
PhilSST

1.01 is the latest version. When it was originally launched, they released a broken version of 1.01 because their Securom DRM is bugged. They've since removed the DRM, at my request, and the 1.01 patch now works again. Essentially, if your version of 1.01 doesn't crash immediately you try to run it, you're running the fixed version.

(in reply to tyetye)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Star Sentinel Tactics >> Tech Support >> GAME MANUAL Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI