Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fixed Units and minimising screen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Revolution Under Siege Gold >> Tech Support >> Fixed Units and minimising screen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fixed Units and minimising screen - 11/28/2010 11:05:57 AM   
Mehring

Not sure if this is a bug, there's no mention of it I can see in the game manual apart from the units that begin the game fixed-

I'm finding that units frequently and repeatedly become fixed during the game. Is this intended? Why?

Also, the game does not tolerate being minimised, it is impossible to subsequently maximise it.
Post #: 1
RE: Fixed Units and minimising screen - 11/28/2010 11:56:46 AM   
CatLord

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mehring

Not sure if this is a bug, there's no mention of it I can see in the game manual apart from the units that begin the game fixed-

I'm finding that units frequently and repeatedly become fixed during the game. Is this intended? Why?

Also, the game does not tolerate being minimised, it is impossible to subsequently maximise it.
I think this depends on the activation rules you choose in the Game options.

If you choose the harshest one (the third one), non activated leader appear locked.

Cat

Member of the Revolution Under Siege development team.

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 2
RE: Fixed Units and minimising screen - 11/28/2010 12:18:35 PM   
CatLord

And I have just tested, I have no problem minimising/maximising the Windows when I played in window mode 1600x900 instead of 1600x1200 (native resolution).

Cat

(in reply to CatLord)
Post #: 3
RE: Fixed Units and minimising screen - 11/28/2010 2:48:43 PM   
Mehring

Thanks, I've changed the unit activation settings and will see how that pans out. However, the tooltip is innacurate, it says that there's a high chance units stacked with an unactivated general will not be able to move at all. It's my experience that stacks are fixed regardless of the activation status of their general. They can also be fixed for more than one turn acording to the ledger which results in activated generals still being fixed.

As for the minimisation issue, when I try to maximise, I get a black screen and the message "DirectX to Main invalid call (Burst Mode) Would you like to terminate the application?"

(in reply to CatLord)
Post #: 4
RE: Fixed Units and minimising screen - 11/29/2010 8:45:28 AM   
Mehring

OK, I've now tried playing with the middle box checked in 'Activation Rules' of Game Options. The unit fixing seems less common, but it still occurs. The tool tip makes no mention of it at all, saying 'If checked land forces will have a large movement and combat penalty if the stack commander is not activated.' So again, no mention of fixing any units. Is this in fact a bug or an unmentioned intended consequence?

Ive got round the minimisation bug by using the windows key in stead of Ctrl+Alt+Del. That works fine.

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 5
RE: Fixed Units and minimising screen - 11/29/2010 8:56:12 AM   
CatLord

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mehring

OK, I've now tried playing with the middle box checked in 'Activation Rules' of Game Options. The unit fixing seems less common, but it still occurs. The tool tip makes no mention of it at all, saying 'If checked land forces will have a large movement and combat penalty if the stack commander is not activated.' So again, no mention of fixing any units. Is this in fact a bug or an unmentioned intended consequence?
Ah ? In this case it may be a bug, I will check, thanks.

Cat

< Message edited by CatLord -- 11/29/2010 8:57:02 AM >

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Revolution Under Siege Gold >> Tech Support >> Fixed Units and minimising screen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI