Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CS Package?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> CS Package? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CS Package? - 10/13/2005 4:31:10 PM   
JReb

Hi all,

First, let me say "Way to Go" in securing the rights to these games and the other recent additions. My wallet will be getting lighter....as soon as I can decide which to purchase first. Between the Puresim Baseball, upcoming Maxfootball, COG and these oldies but goodies....tough choices....but if my marriage has to end then so be it!

But seriously, the point of this is to ask if whether the entire CS will be packaged into one game or sold separately (EF, WF, RS, DG)?

My shrink says I have anger management and conflict resolution issues....and I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY THAT DISAGREES!
Post #: 1
RE: CS Package? - 10/13/2005 5:11:03 PM   
Erik Rutins

We plan to sell the Matrix Edition of the updated Campaign Series as a single package for $39.99. This could change, but that is the current plan.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to JReb)
Post #: 2
RE: CS Package? - 10/13/2005 5:14:58 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: JReb

Hi all,

First, let me say "Way to Go" in securing the rights to these games and the other recent additions. My wallet will be getting lighter....as soon as I can decide which to purchase first. Between the Puresim Baseball, upcoming Maxfootball, COG and these oldies but goodies....tough choices....but if my marriage has to end then so be it!

But seriously, the point of this is to ask if whether the entire CS will be packaged into one game or sold separately (EF, WF, RS, DG)?

pick up COG first

give them a chance to get the others up and running :)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JReb)
Post #: 3
RE: CS Package? - 10/13/2005 5:54:59 PM   
JReb

Thanks Eric.

Have another question about CS. Will all of the old user created scenarios be compatible with the new release? This also applies to TOAW and BG. Guys made a lot of great scenarios for these games, will we have to re-create them?

HardSarge,

I am leaning towards COG but am a little wary because I was somewhat disappointed with GGWAW, especially the combat system. But I have really wanted a 19th century game of this scale and Matrix is the only game in town that I know of.

My shrink says I have anger management and conflict resolution issues....and I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY THAT DISAGREES!

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 4
RE: CS Package? - 10/13/2005 6:30:43 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

We plan to sell the Matrix Edition of the updated Campaign Series as a single package for $39.99. This could change, but that is the current plan.

Just to comment on that briefly as a potential customer.. that's fine as long as the price doesn't go higher. Its not that the games together aren't worth more than that, they are, but many (including me) have some or all of the originals, but maybe will only want to play one or two of the re-issued games.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: CS Package? - 10/13/2005 9:03:11 PM   
David Heath

....... they should also include all of the add-on packages as well.

David

(in reply to JReb)
Post #: 6
RE: CS Package? - 10/13/2005 9:54:24 PM   
JReb

Thanks David. Keep up the great work.

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 7
RE: CS Package? - 10/14/2005 4:57:20 AM   
KenHR

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Heath

....... they should also include all of the add-on packages as well.

David

The news gets better and better....

Post #: 8
RE: CS Package? - 10/14/2005 10:58:22 AM   
coralsaw

That's good news, although I certainly hope Matrix decides to improve upon the original CS and not just re-issue the same old games. IMO it would not be a good commercial choice to just fix, repackage and sell, especially for all of us who already got all the old CS issues.

I would think very hard before buying the new issue if all its novelty was packaging and trouble-free installation on XP.

/coralsaw

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon. - Napoleon Bonaparte, 15 July 1815, to the captain of HMS Bellerophon.

(in reply to KenHR)
Post #: 9
RE: CS Package? - 10/14/2005 11:03:09 AM   
David Heath

Hi Coralsaw

My poor little fingers can not type everything out again. Please just read the interview over at StrategyZone (www.strategyzoneonline.com) or read through the posts here. I am sure you will see we have much more planned.

David

(in reply to coralsaw)
Post #: 10
RE: CS Package? - 10/14/2005 3:37:46 PM   
Hard Sarge

Great
I am sure most of us here can't wait to hear more of your plans

for these and the other games you picked up

I know, I can't wait to hear more

Post #: 11
RE: CS Package? - 10/14/2005 10:32:56 PM   
Jason Petho

The link to the interview:

http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/articles.php?p=571&page=1&cat=52

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 12
RE: CS Package? - 10/15/2005 10:20:46 PM   
hurtzDonut

Thanks Matrix, its been a long time and I can't wait to purchase and play the CS package!!

"Invader blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubberpants" Invader Zim

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 13
RE: CS Package? - 10/17/2005 3:28:11 PM   
coralsaw

That's great news David. How did I miss that interview?

/coralsaw

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon. - Napoleon Bonaparte, 15 July 1815, to the captain of HMS Bellerophon.

(in reply to hurtzDonut)
Post #: 14
RE: CS Package? - 12/28/2005 11:43:09 PM   
panzerariete

39.99 USd is a very fair price for a fan of CS like me, I will definately pay for it if it turns out to be a better game than before. I can even pay double of this amount, if it has some new hugh linked camapign which I like most.

Just think to view a movie costs me 10 Euro, to have huge fun with a good game for 200 hours, I am quite willing to pay 70 euro.

I paid 64 USD for spwaw mega , I enjoyed at least 500 hours of endless excitement , it's so worthy .

my message is that if matrix does a good job to create a much better CS, no matter how high the price, people will buy it.

this is only My personal opinion, people who want to save money don't blame me please, I only want to inspire matrix to do a better job...

(in reply to coralsaw)
Post #: 15
RE: CS Package? - 12/29/2005 4:22:18 AM   
kylenapoleon

I agree. If the product is done to a high standard and the price is deemed to be reasonable, then people will buy it.

I feel the price of 39.99 USD is more than fair. I do hope it is available for digital download. That is my preference because I bought all of the Talonsoft titles in a life that I used to have before wife and children, and I have all of the manuals.

(in reply to panzerariete)
Post #: 16
RE: CS Package? - 11/29/2010 8:06:08 AM   
Ashcloud

I bought the JTCS from Matrix and it did not include Divided Ground and now I want to get it but can't seem to find it anywhere - any clues?

< Message edited by Ashcloud -- 11/29/2010 8:11:37 AM >

(in reply to JReb)
Post #: 17
RE: CS Package? - 11/29/2010 3:49:35 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ashcloud

I bought the JTCS from Matrix and it did not include Divided Ground and now I want to get it but can't seem to find it anywhere - any clues?

Modern Wars: Volume I will be two games in one, Vietnam and Middle East.

The Middle East game is a complete rebuild (brand new scenarios, campaigns, organizations, etc) of the original Divided Ground.

Modern Wars: Volume I will be a separate purchase and installation.

Modern Wars: Volume I is sitting at about 85% completeness.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Ashcloud)
Post #: 18
RE: CS Package? - 12/5/2010 10:11:51 PM   
junk2drive

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Heath

Hi Coralsaw

My poor little fingers can not type everything out again. Please just read the interview over at StrategyZone (www.strategyzoneonline.com) or read through the posts here. I am sure you will see we have much more planned.

David

Now I remember. Maybe. It was warfareHQ then strategyzone then gamesquad. I think. Was it something before warfareHQ?

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> CS Package? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI