Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Air Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Issues - 12/14/2010 7:57:42 PM   
ussdefiant

1) Whenever i put air groups in the National Reserve as the Soviets i notice them popping up in the Upcoming Reinforcements screen upon the next turn.

2) There seems to be an issue with partisan resupply for me. I have 4 cadres sitting around unvisted within range of a DBAD base right next to Smolensk, but none of the 3 near full-strenght IL-4/DB-3 groups set to night missions there bother to fly at all. I've also noticed that the U-2VSs i have with my U-2 transports also seem not to be flying supply missions, although the transports do so.

Also non-air related, but is there some limit on Soviet artillery production aside from the armament pool size? I have 750k points of both manpower and armaments sitting around in a modded scenario, but none of the 20 mortar battalions i create in one turn get more than 6 tubes, let alone the Gun regiments i also created. Rifle squads work just fine, but it seems like the game just doesn't want to make artillery for either my support units or my rifle divisions.
Post #: 1
RE: Air Issues - 12/14/2010 8:02:56 PM   
Flaviusx

DBAD bases are not guaranteed to fly partisan supply missions. If you want to be absolutely sure, base the bombers on the VVS bases. (Also, make sure they are set on night mission.)

There may be an issue with the air doctrine settings and the strength of the bomber regiments, double check that and see. If they are too weak, or the settings are too high, they won't fly.

There are restrictions on how much artillery can be built at a time. So you won't be able to build as many of them as the armament pool might indicate. We found by testing that this was necessary otherwise it would result in ahistorically high artillery production early in the war. Soviet artillery production didn't really ramp up until mid to late 1942, at which point it blew up quite nicely.

Generally speaking in 1941 manpower intensive elements are easily replaced, equipment based ones are much harder. Later on in the war this reverses itself.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to ussdefiant)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Issues - 12/14/2010 8:15:49 PM   
ussdefiant

From my reading of the manual, i was under the impression that the VVS based units would be used first(Although the U-2VSs at the one in question have not done anything despite being night set) and then the units at other bases would be used. I'd check with putting other air units at the front, but those are still sitting in the reserves with damaged and/or reserve numbers well about 20 for the past couple of turns.

Also, about how large a pool is required before those Li-2s i see pooling get formed up into an unit?

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 3
RE: Air Issues - 12/14/2010 8:27:31 PM   
Helpless

U-2VS is tactical bomber, you should place U-2(transp) for the supply missions.

quote:

1) Whenever i put air groups in the National Reserve as the Soviets i notice them popping up in the Upcoming Reinforcements screen upon the next turn.

This is expected, since technically groups is set to be delayed (not available this turn) and game picks it as arriving.

quote:

Also, about how large a pool is required before those Li-2s i see pooling get formed up into an unit?

At least more than 100.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to ussdefiant)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Air Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI