Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Which penalities are better to accept?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Which penalities are better to accept? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which penalities are better to accept? - 1/16/2011 7:37:52 PM   
stormbringer3

When starting the Campaign in 1941 the Axis has infantry corp HQs attached to panzer group HQs. By the end of turn two they are far behind the panzer group HQs leading to penalities. I can attach them to nearby infantry armies but then the armies will be overloaded by 2-6 also leading to penalities. I'd value opinions on which is better to accept. I could attach the infantry corps to O.K.H. but I'm not sure if this is wise. I feel that I have reasonable knowledge of the command relationships between corps, armies or panzer groups and AGs. What I'm not sure about is any + or - to attaching CUs or corps HQs to O.K.H. directly other than lessening the command load to other HQs.
Thanks for any info.
Post #: 1
RE: Which penalities are better to accept? - 1/16/2011 7:44:11 PM   
2ndACR

I leave the Corp attached to the Panzer Armies and if I can, they even get another one attached to relieve the burden on the other armies.

Panzers create the pockets, use the infantry corp to clean it up.

P.S. I have not really seen a problem with units attached direct to OKH. Just prefer to have an intricate command set up if I can.

< Message edited by 2ndACR -- 1/16/2011 7:49:54 PM >

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 2
RE: Which penalities are better to accept? - 1/16/2011 7:48:49 PM   
Farfarer61

Your Pz Divs will react in Res Mode far better if an attacking ( or defending ) infantry Div is part of their corps. This is needed IMHO for attacking Leningrad.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 3
RE: Which penalities are better to accept? - 1/16/2011 8:11:03 PM   
CharonJr

Assigning units directly to OKH should only be a problem if rolls are involved I think (less in between commanders who have a chance to succeed).

CharonJr

(in reply to Farfarer61)
Post #: 4
RE: Which penalities are better to accept? - 1/16/2011 8:55:32 PM   
76mm

I have tried to not assign units to OKH because I was afraid it would make it much harder for them to draw supply and receive support units (given that OKH is so far back). Are these concerns unjustified?

(in reply to CharonJr)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Which penalities are better to accept? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI