Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

** Impressions so far **

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> ** Impressions so far ** Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
** Impressions so far ** - 12/31/2010 2:43:17 PM   
JRyan

Been out of the loop for a while, seen this and bought immediately.
WoW! All these old harpoon classic games are a treat! I own a good bit of them but have never been able to even open them. Whoever came up with the DosBox addition deserves a kudos! That is really neat! I wonder if H2AE would work in this manner? I doubt I would play it as H3ANW is MUCH better, but still. I actually think this addition was brilliant. I can even get in the DB descriptions etc.

I am glad I made this purchase, now I can use the Harpoon Battlebook again.

This is a rather strange question, but I have forgot how exactly to play ANW with a laptop. I know that was addressed but I can not seem to find it....Any ideas? No Numpad on laptop per se.

One small issue, the install does not let me choose what drive to install to. This might be an issue that I can fix as I want it on a data drive etc. I will move after installation and see what happens.

Likes so far, the manual updates. :) Nice Job

Edit: Well I take that back Harpoon Classic did allow me to choose the install folder.....
Edit2: OK, now it IS letting me install 3.10 on another drive....I guess it was the old items that defaulted to C:
Edit3: Ok I was FOS. It just installed the install files and then deleted when done. My bad, my C drive is safe :)
Installation went smooth, just had me confused for a little bit.

< Message edited by JRyan -- 1/2/2011 4:52:30 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: ** Impressions so far ** - 1/3/2011 11:41:18 PM   
JRyan

Well another update, I had a 'Windows restore' Event and had to reinstall things (not Harpoon related!). I had thought I caught it and told H3 3.63 to install on F: drive but it installed on C: instead. No biggie except for a couple of things.

1st - That file is SO huge, it takes a very long time to extract and then install. I had started at 11pm and got up a couple of times through the night and checked it. So 3.63 installed to C:, this could very well be me that hosed it.

2nd - Now the good part. After many years of Harpoon.ini file adjustments etc, I actually knew how to 'move' the program. Worked like a top! The newer versions are so much more user friendly etc. Kudos to that. Well off to DL the DB2000 and the battlesets.

Cheers - Verdict? Even if you already own HCE and H3ANW, this is a great buy, the old Harpoon Classic files did it for me, that was a TREAT!

(in reply to JRyan)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> ** Impressions so far ** Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI