Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Whats up with Humans?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Whats up with Humans? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Whats up with Humans? - 1/14/2011 3:16:50 PM   
Larsenex

Howdy! Happy Friday!

Whats up with Humans? If I semi-automate the diplomacy process, they always want to 'cancel' a free trade agreeement with whoever OR do espionage with a trade partner. Whats up with that?

Do you all automate diplomacy at all? I am thinking on taking it to manual control as I hate the 'We should cancel our Free trade' with so and so. I realize that I could crush this empire we have one with like a bug but its good for all of us to have trade! The only exceptions to my policy are when I meet a race that 'instictively dislikes us', they are the next bullseye in my crosshairs. I usually start with spies and move up from there....

Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.
Post #: 1
RE: Whats up with Humans? - 1/14/2011 3:38:56 PM   
WoodMan

Its personal preference, if you think you don't need it automated then best thing is to unautomate it 

I play with everything fully on manual except ship design which I leave on auto just for RP purposes.  I admit, when I did have the diplomacy on suggest for my first few games I did find it quite warmongering

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to Larsenex)
Post #: 2
RE: Whats up with Humans? - 1/14/2011 3:42:47 PM   
caerr

Automating diplomacy gets you more trouble than it's worth, however it might make an interesting game. Put diplomacy on full auto and control everything else, and pretend you're following the orders of higher-ups.

(in reply to Larsenex)
Post #: 3
RE: Whats up with Humans? - 1/14/2011 4:03:36 PM   
WoodMan

Hehe, like your an admiral or fleet commander or something, not a president, nice idea.

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to caerr)
Post #: 4
RE: Whats up with Humans? - 1/14/2011 4:43:09 PM   
Data

then you may feel the need to assasinate those higher-ups and take over....hmm, taking over the AI? Data's up for it

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 5
RE: Whats up with Humans? - 1/14/2011 6:30:24 PM   
gmot

I leave the diplomacy AI on suggest because I like to see their belligerent ways. From a RP perspective, feels like there's a "war party" in my government that is pushing for trade sanctions or cancelling agreements. Same with suggested spy missions. 9 times out of 10 I ignore the advice, but every so often I throw them a bone to keep my empire happy.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 6
RE: Whats up with Humans? - 1/14/2011 9:00:28 PM   
Tree Dog

quote:

ORIGINAL: gmot

I leave the diplomacy AI on suggest because I like to see their belligerent ways. From a RP perspective, feels like there's a "war party" in my government that is pushing for trade sanctions or cancelling agreements. Same with suggested spy missions. 9 times out of 10 I ignore the advice, but every so often I throw them a bone to keep my empire happy.

Same, I set some things on "Suggest". Including war, attacks, and diplomacy... I'm quite surprised at how often the AI makes suggestion that actually make sense, though.
Although with the automated spying, I sometime get some surprises... Spices up the game, so, meh.

(in reply to gmot)
Post #: 7
RE: Whats up with Humans? - 1/15/2011 1:22:28 AM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tree Dog

quote:

ORIGINAL: gmot

Same, I set some things on "Suggest". Including war, attacks, and diplomacy... I'm quite surprised at how often the AI makes suggestion that actually make sense, though.
Although with the automated spying, I sometime get some surprises... Spices up the game, so, meh.

Yeah, I'm humming along quite well then all of a sudden the Securans are moaning about my intelligence missions. So I go check them out.

Our past dealings with you have been atrocious (-70) ... oops.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Tree Dog)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Whats up with Humans? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI