Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The worst AI butt kick ever

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> The worst AI butt kick ever Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The worst AI butt kick ever - 9/20/2002 7:40:31 PM   
aoffen

Well, after having my rear end whalloped a couple of times by my cyber friend revenge has been mine and I need to gloat.

Its scenario 17 and I am IJN.

First 2 weeks of operations and I took Gili Gili, Buna and Lunga, won the Battle of the Coral Sea sinking Lexington and Yorktown and destroyed the Allied Crusier force in a night surface action at Gili Gili. My losses = zero. Zuikaku with 35 sys damage and in Truk for repairs 1 CA, 1 CL and 1 DD in similar shape

Retired to my lair and built up for a month. Built Gili and Lunga into level 3 airfields with plenty of supplies. Got Akagi, Hiryu and Ryujo into the OB together with 4 BB's and a bunch of CA's and DD's. On 20 June when I have enough troops I launch the mother of all amphib ops.

First the carriers (3CV 2 CVL's) cover the BB's while they hit PM and flatten the airstrip. With PM out of action and fighters and bombers from Gili, Lae and Rabaul keeping it that way, the amphib forces go around the corner and head for PM.

A US CV TF turns up with Hornet and Enterprise. Using range carefully my CV's and air from Gili despatch Hornet losing Shoho damaged. The PM invasion goes in - landing 2nd Div-, 38th Div- and 3 independant brigades with engineers in support. Most of the troops are in 1000 cap transports so they are on the beach in enough numbers to resist the first Allied counter attack. By D+3 I begin my deliberate assaults.

Enterprise turns up again with Saratoga this time and a huge swirling battle develops. My surface action groups striking PM and refueling, my CV's chasing his CV's. His airstrikes are split between my CV TF and BB TF so are dissappaited. I take damage on a number of cruisers and the Shokaku takes 2 bombs but I get 2 torps into Enterprise and a couple of bombs into Saratoga. The slowed Enterprise gets cleaned up by land based Vals at Gili next turn and over the next 2 days my CV's chase Saratoga into the ground and sink her. More damage to Shoho and Shokaku but they both make it back to Rabaul OK. The cruisers and DD's with his CV's are also pummelled. Thats 5 USN CV's and a couple of CA's down for 3 IJN CV's damaged.

The attacks on PM take heavy casualties and my transports cop hell from his shore batteries. 3 sunk and another 5 damaged but I persist. By D+7 Allied casualties are mounting and on D+8 PM falls to my forces. The US Navy is totally shattered and New Guinea is mine.

Take that you cybernetic bastard!!!:D

Sorry just had to enjoy writing this down

Andrew
Post #: 1
- 9/20/2002 9:41:56 PM   
Bax

That what makes this game so great. The elation of success when things finally go right is worth every penny it cost. Well done! :)

(in reply to aoffen)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> The worst AI butt kick ever Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI