Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Typhoon 2.0 Beta

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Typhoon 2.0 Beta Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Typhoon 2.0 Beta - 4/22/2011 4:44:23 PM   
Great_Ajax

Typhoon 2.0 Enjoy!

Typhoon 2.0 Changes:

* German rail cut back to Nevel, Smolensk, Rosavl, and Gomel.

* FBDs reduced from four units to two

* Luftwaffe aircraft reduced to about 750 operational aircraft (around 45-55% operational readiness)

* German manning adjusted. Prior, the average strength was a flat 65-75%. I adjusted the manning so that equipment was around 90% while infantry, cavalry, motorcycle, and pioneers were cut to 70-75%. German panzer inventory slightly reduced

* Top of the map screen was cut down to around Torvhok and Kallinn. This cuts out the top two corps of the 16th Army (II and XXXIX Panzer) which historically drove northeasts towards the Svir to link up with the Finns.

* Start date is now 30 September. Historically, the 2nd Panzer Group only had a two day head start. All formations had their frozen times cut by 1-2 turns to compensate for the date change.

* Change in German supply levels.

* Extensive rework of the Soviet units. While the Soviet front line at start is basically unchanged, the rear on-map frozen armies have been removed and now arrive at their historical time frame. There were massive problems in the Soviet OOB that have been fixed. Now units arrive on their historical schedule.

* Soviet manpower pool of one million has been zeroed out.

* Moscow Defense Zone is now populated with militia, NKVD, Air Defense, and several fortfied regions

* Strength of starting Soviet force has been adjusted based on historical strength returns.

* Soviet starting line has had their frozen delay reduced to 1 turn.

* Kalinin Front renamed to Reserve Front (it should change to Kalinin on its own)

* Added disabled men to the start of the scenario for replacements

Attachment (1)

"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer
Post #: 1
RE: Typhoon 2.0 Beta - 4/22/2011 9:23:55 PM   
GFelz

Tyvm!

(in reply to Great_Ajax)
Post #: 2
RE: Typhoon 2.0 Beta - 4/29/2011 7:45:36 AM   
Chromius

Could you explain how this effects the default Typhoon as far as the effects in game. I normally play Typhoon from both sides once with each major patch change. I play 90 human 100 ai. Is your version more realistic? How is balance effected on each side? Your changes look very interesting.

The origin of the word "Apocalypse" = The revealing of hidden knowledge.

(in reply to GFelz)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Typhoon 2.0 Beta Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI