Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Intentional Scouting behavior or bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Intentional Scouting behavior or bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Intentional Scouting behavior or bug - 4/16/2011 6:54:35 AM   
DakaSha

It seems like every time a unit moves it adds to some kind of scouting calculation.. i can move a unit.. not see the enemy. then move back to the units original hex and then see it.
Also this often causes units to become visible when moving away from them :-/

Is this intentional because its kinda strange to me :P
I havnt tested it but it also seem like a possible exploit (moving back and forth to see enemies)

< Message edited by DakaSha -- 4/16/2011 6:55:26 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Intentional Scouting behavior or bug - 4/16/2011 11:16:33 AM   
Josh

Every unit has a recon value, it's under General Stats; Recon points. Makes sense no? Armoured recon cars and scouts have a high recon value. They extend this recon value per hex, so the closest hex gets the most recon value, hex behind that a little less and so on. So if you move a couple of units the recon value of a certain hex (displayed on your right screen) gets higher and higher, some units may get revealed then. So yes this is intentional.

(in reply to DakaSha)
Post #: 2
RE: Intentional Scouting behavior or bug - 4/16/2011 11:59:55 AM   
DakaSha

Uhm no.. what i mean is that the calculation is updated on the move. I understand what you are saying but as i said in the OP: I can move a unit to a hex.. see a unit (without full info.. just a ?) then move the same unit away and get full info on the unit that was just a ?

Also when moving a unit that was already in sight range of an enemy to another hex i get additional info.. even when moving away from the enemy. Its like the act of moving is adding to the recon value.

If my unit is already in recon range of an enemy and either doesnt see it or doesnt have full info then moving my unit exposes or gives full info. Whether moving closer or not.

May also be intentional (but weird), however its separate from what you are explaining

< Message edited by DakaSha -- 4/16/2011 12:11:10 PM >

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 3
RE: Intentional Scouting behavior or bug - 4/16/2011 1:11:29 PM   
Vic

confirmed. this is really weird. i am looking into it.

thanks very much for reporting so quickly.

will get this behaviour patched asap.

best regards,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to DakaSha)
Post #: 4
RE: Intentional Scouting behavior or bug - 4/17/2011 12:48:29 AM   
Ande

I think I had some instances where I added an empty counter and gained vision, but I'd be hard pressed to reproduce it

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Intentional Scouting behavior or bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI