Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where'd my ships go?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Where'd my ships go? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where'd my ships go? - 4/24/2011 1:50:46 AM   
Lifer

Using 1108c in a PBEM. Curious about what Abaden shows.

The mouseover box says that I have 5 TK, 9 xAK and a xAKL in port. The active ships list shows only 2 TK and a xAK. Am I missing ships? There are no ships in port under repair, No prompt to manage ships under repair. When I click to form a task force there are only the ships on the active list. There are other task forces in port but the number of ships in task forces and in port still don't add up. I've looked at other ports and I see the same thing. Don't know how long this has been going on but the first time I noticed.

Greg

Attachment (1)

Man does not enter battle to fight, but for victory. He does everything that he can to avoid the first and obtain the second.
Ardant du Picq
Post #: 1
RE: Where'd my ships go? - 4/24/2011 2:05:28 AM   
Alfred

The screen clearly states 12 ships are undergoing repairs. Have you clicked on the button "Show Ships under Repair"?

Alfred

(in reply to Lifer)
Post #: 2
RE: Where'd my ships go? - 4/24/2011 2:20:31 AM   
Lifer

Thanks Alfred, I never thought about that as I usually go for the button that says Manage Ships Under Repair.  Brings up the next question...Why can't I click to manage the ships under repair.  I can change ships that are upgrading from Port to Repair Ship to Stood Down to Pierside.  What makes me not allowed to do it for these ships?

Greg

Man does not enter battle to fight, but for victory. He does everything that he can to avoid the first and obtain the second.
Ardant du Picq

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 3
RE: Where'd my ships go? - 4/24/2011 2:26:27 AM   
Nomad

Most likely all of the ships being repaired are undergoing upgrades. You can not alter the time it takes to do an upgrade.

(in reply to Lifer)
Post #: 4
RE: Where'd my ships go? - 4/24/2011 2:28:59 AM   
Alfred

Hard to say without a screen shot and even then...

I find occasionally that when ships auto disband and they already have the upgrade switch toggled to on, that I can't access the repairing ships via the "manage ship under repair" button. I haven't bothered to track the problem down because in all those instances, the ships are under pierside repair, not using up dockyard space which would concern me. And it is intermittent.

Alfred

(in reply to Lifer)
Post #: 5
RE: Where'd my ships go? - 4/24/2011 2:52:33 AM   
Lifer

Thanks Nomad/Alfred.  Now I'm off to scour my ports to see what is behind the curtain of the 'Show Ships Under Repair' button.  Who knows what else I've been missing.

Ardant du Picq

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 6
RE: Where'd my ships go? - 4/24/2011 3:09:26 AM   
Alfred

There is a quicker way. Press the "S" key and you get all your ships displayed. At the bottom you can filter to see oly ships under repair.

Alfred

(in reply to Lifer)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Where'd my ships go? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI