Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

6k!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> 6k! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6k! - 4/29/2011 9:43:14 PM   
CMoore

You all will have to excuse me, but as it's my first time cracking 6k I felt I had to strut about a bit.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: 6k! - 4/29/2011 11:09:06 PM   
Redmarkus5

My maximum ever is about 5,500. Can you walk us through the steps to reach 6k?

WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

(in reply to CMoore)
Post #: 2
RE: 6k! - 4/30/2011 12:58:04 AM   
CMoore

Sure, but first let me say that much of it was gleaned from other posters here so I can't take too much credit.

First off if you want to kill something you have to know where it is. So I recon every AB I intend to hit starting from the furthest out and working my way in. I make sure every target base is at a 10 detection level.

Then I go to air doctrine and set my percent to fly at 10%. I intend to run my Luftwaffe ragged on the first turn as it's the only one where you can do serious damage to the Soviets so I don't want to waste the opportunity.

According to my rough calculations that I've got scrawled on my paper here, for target bases in range, there are in AGN's sector 8 bases with 1,388/1,655 (ready/total) AGC = 6 w/ 1,256/1,498, AGS = 13 w/ 1,960/2,238, and the Romanian 7 w/ 1,111/1,347 for 5,715/6,738 total. Again rough numbers and there are a few bases with only a couple planes or 0 that I don't count.

Then sector by sector, going the reverse order of my recon, closet first working out, starting with the big fighter bases close to the frontier, I start hitting them.

Multiple attacks until I run out of miles for my planes or run out of targets to hit.

Couple things I've learned. One I always have the manual selection on for the attack forces. And it's often a good idea, especially in the southern and romananian sectors to manually select the staging airbase as well.

For example with a AB like Kishinev or Stanislav in the south if you just click on it the forces they offer to attack might only be a handful of He 111's or so from the IV Flieger in Romania, whereas if you select a base in southern Poland you might have some guys with miles left to hit from there, or select from a Romanian base and use them instead.

Don't forget to use the Romanians. Western Crimea and the bases around Odessa and Kishinev all have a lot of targets to hit.

Again I run my guys ragged, I don't care, I want to do as much damage as I can. I don't worry about wasting ground support because on the first turn the Germans could be flying kites and still bust through the Soviet lines no problem.

I have the turn saved, I can send it to anyone who's interested, to F11 and see what went down.

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 3
RE: 6k! - 4/30/2011 1:39:13 AM   
kevini1000

I managed 5.9 k. In 1.04.14 you can no longer attack 3 Russian bases and this cuts down your number somewhat.

Sath :)

(in reply to CMoore)
Post #: 4
RE: 6k! - 4/30/2011 3:31:52 AM   
Mynok

That's a very nice number. Better than what I get though I use your same methodology. I suspect I just get lazy picking my staging base.

Most of the time I'm right around 5k.

< Message edited by Mynok -- 4/30/2011 3:32:36 AM >

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to kevini1000)
Post #: 5
RE: 6k! - 4/30/2011 3:56:36 AM   
CMoore

This was 1.04.14 :-)

(in reply to kevini1000)
Post #: 6
RE: 6k! - 4/30/2011 3:58:52 AM   
CMoore

Thanks. I was the same way

I had to go about it methodically and with some planning to get it this high. Before I was just too lazy and saw it as a chore to get through before the fun part of blasting through and surrounding etc.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> 6k! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI