Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[BETA 1108m2] Zombie planes!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> [BETA 1108m2] Zombie planes! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[BETA 1108m2] Zombie planes! - 5/7/2011 5:00:48 AM   
Saros

I have been having a rather strange issue for the past week or so ingame. (using the second beta build and just now upgrading to the latest patch).

If an air unit suffers moderately heavy casualties in a turn it seems to spawn a new detachment unit in tokyo with no pilots and a bunch of planes. Often a couple more planes than were lost. If you try draw pilots into the unit it will pull a few pilots from *somewhere*, often experienced frontline pilots and I think they may be the surviors of being shot down but I haven't actually gone to check that.

In the attached image it shows one such unit and the results of drawing pilots into it from the replacement pool. For reference 8 nates were lost that turn and 10 planes appearedn

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: [BETA 1108m2] Zombie planes! - 5/7/2011 5:24:45 AM   
michaelm75au

This is correct.
A replacement group can be formed at another base (see manual section 16.2). This replacement fragment will migrate towards the parent group without intervention.

I think it shows in the operations report when this happens

< Message edited by michaelm -- 5/8/2011 5:20:24 AM >

Michael

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 2
RE: [BETA 1108m2] Zombie planes! - 5/7/2011 6:17:48 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saros

I have been having a rather strange issue for the past week or so ingame. (using the second beta build and just now upgrading to the latest patch).

If an air unit suffers moderately heavy casualties in a turn it seems to spawn a new detachment unit in tokyo with no pilots and a bunch of planes. Often a couple more planes than were lost. If you try draw pilots into the unit it will pull a few pilots from *somewhere*, often experienced frontline pilots and I think they may be the surviors of being shot down but I haven't actually gone to check that.

In the attached image it shows one such unit and the results of drawing pilots into it from the replacement pool. For reference 8 nates were lost that turn and 10 planes appearedn

What Michael said, and a little more explanation is that you must have replacements "ON" for that group, but there are not enough supplies at their present base for the replacement planes to appear there. So, the code picks another place and then they fly to the parent unit on their own. I forget the specific rules, but it has to do with the HQ of the unit or the HQ of the base. As Michael said it's in the manual.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 3
RE: [BETA 1108m2] Zombie planes! - 5/7/2011 6:34:50 AM   
Saros

Oh well it must be the supplies thing then. I've just never seen it before.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> [BETA 1108m2] Zombie planes! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI