Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

'War in the West' allied player needed.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Opponents Wanted >> 'War in the West' allied player needed. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
'War in the West' allied player needed. - 6/2/2011 2:50:07 PM   
macgregor

For the teamplay game. The only thing different from any other scenario would be that you send files to groups instead of individuals, and move once every two days. It's January 1940 and there's little to do right away. We had a player dropout and are all hoping someone will pick this up so we can continue.
Post #: 1
RE: 'War in the West' allied player needed. - 6/13/2011 7:58:57 PM   
macgregor

There are rumblings that a new player has emerged to play Churchill(we'll worry about Eisenhower later), but the gang is still waiting on a turn. If there is someone with the kindness and decency to play this game, for however long they can, this group comprised of the 3 Axis and Pacific allied leader will be grateful.

This is our last hope. The chance that the Germans won't expect us to send in a small team of saboteurs at this late date. Those 2,000 men on Kheros are going to die next Wednesday morning... unless someone climbs that cliff.

(in reply to macgregor)
Post #: 2
RE: 'War in the West' allied player needed. - 6/14/2011 2:00:04 AM   
Foggy

I'll give it a shot - I've been on the pummeling end of this type of game. Please send me what you'd like to happen :)

(in reply to macgregor)
Post #: 3
RE: 'War in the West' allied player needed. - 6/25/2011 3:07:02 AM   
Raver508

I'm curious. Are you still looking for a player?

(in reply to Foggy)
Post #: 4
RE: 'War in the West' allied player needed. - 6/25/2011 4:23:55 PM   
macgregor

Currently there are 7 allies, though some have already expressed no desire to 'lead' any scenario. An occasion may arise where they request involvement, but beyond perhaps some advise or questions to their teammates, they are for the most part, spectators.

Currently there are only 4 Axis teammates. I will play the lead role in the Pacific, but have been selected to lead the invasion of Norway. The intensity of the game, along with the time limit, make it so that, so far anyway, no request for a command has been denied.

So it's easy to get involved. You'll just start receiving the pbls from your opponents and the END_OF turns from your teammates. Also I'll send you rules regarding the game and some that are specific to naval combat. Generally if you can sell your teammates the plan -pretty easy if we don't already have one or are busy, you get the command, provided you can handle the pace. So far as many commands have been turned down as accepted.

(in reply to Raver508)
Post #: 5
RE: 'War in the West' allied player needed. - 6/26/2011 3:07:46 AM   
Raver508

OK drop me a line. Is there somewhere I can read a bit more about what this is all about?

(in reply to macgregor)
Post #: 6
RE: 'War in the West' allied player needed. - 6/26/2011 3:18:22 PM   
Foggy

I would love to have Jason (Raver) as my co-commander on the Eastern Front. We could have a contest to see who can cause more
Axis Losses

(in reply to macgregor)
Post #: 7
RE: 'War in the West' allied player needed. - 6/26/2011 4:12:59 PM   
macgregor

Well I was going to put him on the Axis because we have 3 less guys, but if that's what he wants to do...that's what it's all about. We have enough. Perhaps you can forward him some docs as I'm still wrestling with hardware issues. Please include Teamplay, Naval, and inter-scenario consequence if you still have them all. Thanks.

BTW -Patrick likes this scenario 'Russian War' and I'm inclined to agree with him as it offers divisional control. The only problem is that it ends too early to finish the war. Perhaps upon Germany's destruction you can commence a Berlin scenario, though this is likely years away.

(in reply to Foggy)
Post #: 8
RE: 'War in the West' allied player needed. - 6/27/2011 9:50:08 AM   
Raver508

Well I dont mind either way really. If you need more germans I'm happy to do that, although I do enjoy comrade foggy's company too.

(in reply to macgregor)
Post #: 9
RE: 'War in the West' allied player needed. - 6/27/2011 5:43:09 PM   
macgregor

The Axis command structure is somewhat 'hazy'(can't say Foggy). Albert is somewhat inexperienced and is supposed to take over the western front once Desert is victorious in France. I would hope Desert will still command troops, perhaps in the Mediterranean. Patrick Novicki will take over in 'the Russian War' and will likely seek help. Albert mentioned a desire to perhaps get involved in Russia, I guess leaving Desert to command the west. All 3 scenarios are huge and would likely benefit from teamplay. I will control the Pacific, but have several commands that will be available as well. The only guarantee is that there will be less players to fill the roles on the Axis side. So please just decide decisively and let us know.

< Message edited by macgregor -- 6/28/2011 4:18:22 AM >

(in reply to Raver508)
Post #: 10
RE: 'War in the West' allied player needed. - 6/28/2011 1:11:44 AM   
Foggy

I would say he should go to the Axis - I did'nt realize we had so many "allies"!

(in reply to macgregor)
Post #: 11
RE: 'War in the West' allied player needed. - 6/28/2011 4:14:40 AM   
macgregor

Like I posted above, they're not exactly 'active'. You have Eduardo who commanded the Poles, and doing a good job, was having trouble with either the pace or the rules regarding. Perhaps he'd ask for a command, though no time soon I'd imagine. Then there's a guy Chiang(?) who's english is not very good, is just following. As is Jo Lima, who stepped back from taking over WITW though came in with some moves at a critical time. He knows this game as well as anyone else playing. I think he could be amenable to taking a command eventually. Plus sapper32, who I know is very good at this game. Steve(Choowee) is in the Pacific, that is all I know.

< Message edited by macgregor -- 6/28/2011 4:30:16 AM >

(in reply to Foggy)
Post #: 12
RE: 'War in the West' allied player needed. - 6/28/2011 10:37:46 AM   
Raver508

OK, throw me something Axis. And the rules of course

(in reply to macgregor)
Post #: 13
RE: 'War in the West' allied player needed. - 6/28/2011 5:03:14 PM   
macgregor

Please send me your email address.

(in reply to Raver508)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Opponents Wanted >> 'War in the West' allied player needed. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI