Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Partisan Attacks & the F11 key?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Partisan Attacks & the F11 key? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Partisan Attacks & the F11 key? - 7/5/2011 6:09:12 PM   
marty_01

Does the Soviet player see the results of Partisan attacks when he hits the F11 key?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Partisan Attacks & the F11 key? - 7/5/2011 7:38:24 PM   
76mm

yes, and partisan supply drops as well.

(in reply to marty_01)
Post #: 2
RE: Partisan Attacks & the F11 key? - 7/5/2011 11:04:09 PM   
marty_01

Thanks.

Do normal supply drops help partisan cadres? Or do only A.I. Generated night air drops actually help partisan cadres activate? Moreover, Ive been during normal " player controlled" air drops in addition to the air units I have flagged to perform night drops. I haven't been seeing too many night drops so I started doing air supply drops on cadre hexes. Am I doing anything at all to help cadre activation via my - for lack of a better term - day time supply drops? I see the cadre supply levels go up when I do this but given the weirdness/black box aspects of this game, I have no idea if the day drops actually help activate cadres.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 3
RE: Partisan Attacks & the F11 key? - 7/6/2011 3:56:52 AM   
76mm

no, i don't think your day drops do anything. if you're not seeing computer-generated night drops, you probably have not assigned enough drop-capable planes to the VVS bases. You really need to assign some long range bombers (IL-4s, etc.) to VVS bases to get drops very far behind German lines. I usually assign two IL-4 units to each VVS base.

(in reply to marty_01)
Post #: 4
RE: Partisan Attacks & the F11 key? - 7/6/2011 6:54:37 PM   
marty_01

Ok. Thanks. I give it a whirl.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 5
RE: Partisan Attacks & the F11 key? - 7/9/2011 4:33:14 PM   
marty_01

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

yes, and partisan supply drops as well.

This isn't correct. At least not in the PBEMs I'm playing. My Partisan Railroad attacks are not showing up when I hit the F11 key. I confirmed this with my opponent who indicated a number of his tracks had been destroyed by my Partisan cadres. However I have yet to see a demo symbol\explosive plunger thing appear when I hit F11.

This also make be think normal air supply does benifit Partisan Cadres. If it didnt why would there be an option in the resupply drop down to pick a Partisan Cadre to target with a "daylight" air supply mission?

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Partisan Attacks & the F11 key? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI