Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Upgraded to Ostfront but launcher only gives me "Demo" - ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> Upgraded to Ostfront but launcher only gives me "Demo" - ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upgraded to Ostfront but launcher only gives me "D... - 5/15/2011 8:42:59 PM   
sandman2575

I own PzC Kharkov and was able to get the serial # for the free Ostfront upgrade. I registered the new serial #, got access to the download, d/l'd successfully and installed successfully, including the Net and Dx9 installations.

However, when I launch the game from the desktop icon, or from the installer in my Ostfront game directory itself, the main screen says "DEMO" and I do not have access to the campaign -- ?!? I've tried launching the game in a few different ways, but it always says "DEMO" on the main screen.

The installer zip says: PanzerCommandOstfront-SetupRelease-PL-v327h

so I don't think this is the Demo installer? At least I hope not -- it was a 1.5Gig download!

Any advice greatly appreciate -- not really interested in playing the Demo -- want to get into the main game!
Post #: 1
RE: Upgraded to Ostfront but launcher only gives me &qu... - 5/15/2011 8:50:45 PM   
Erik Rutins

First, did you install the full game in its own location?

Second, do you have any anti-virus or security software? If so, did you turn it off during the installation? Did you install while logged into an Administrator-level account? The main cause of this would be if third party software prevented the installer creating the serial number settings that differentiate the demo from the main game. If the main game does not find the necessary settings, it runs in "demo" mode by default.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to sandman2575)
Post #: 2
RE: Upgraded to Ostfront but launcher only gives me &qu... - 5/16/2011 12:47:33 AM   
sandman2575

Thanks for replying Erik --  My mistake was moving the game to a new folder after installation (unfortunately it had installed to my "Matrix" directory, not to a "Matrix\Panzer Command Ostfront" directory, which meant all the game folders and files were intermingled with my other Matrix game folders!)... Anyway, uninstalled and reinstalled and now game works properly.

THanks to everyone who worked on this title -- really an impressive upgrade from PzC Kharkov!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Upgraded to Ostfront but launcher only gives me &qu... - 5/16/2011 12:50:36 AM   
junk2drive

You might want to try Boot Camp again after Erik tweaks it

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to sandman2575)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> Upgraded to Ostfront but launcher only gives me "Demo" - ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI