Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Win7: Window mode, Destination selection

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Win7: Window mode, Destination selection Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Win7: Window mode, Destination selection - 5/2/2011 7:01:51 PM   
mbar

Hi all. Is there a work around for playing WITP in windowed mode that allows for destination selection for a task force?

I've been playing the tutorial and like to have WITP in windowed mode while I view the PDF. On an XP machine this works fine. On my Win7 machine though there is a problem I've run into. If I select a TF and then Destination Hex it will not display the proper window to select a hex and if you go ahead and select a hex it will select the wrong one because what is displayed does not match what is selected. Make sense?

I'm throwing the question out there in case someone has seen this and knows how to fix it. I'm just playing it full screen on Win7 and alt-tabbing to the PDF in the mean time.

Thanks for reading.
Post #: 1
RE: Win7: Window mode, Destination selection - 5/3/2011 2:17:55 AM   
mbar

I may have found my solution. I've set my desktop resolution up from 1360x768 to 1440x900. I think things got a little wonky (that's legitimate technical terminology) because the resolution for WITP is 1024x768. Having my desktop a little bigger than the window seems to do the trick for me.

Every once in a while I'd move the WITP window and touch the edges accidentally with the cursor which would trigger the automatic window resize feature of Win7. I think that is what messed up WITP being able to display properly at times.

< Message edited by mbar -- 5/3/2011 2:21:34 AM >

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Win7: Window mode, Destination selection Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI