Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wronq .eqp file

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Wronq .eqp file Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wronq .eqp file - 9/18/2010 3:22:33 PM   
MilRevKo

I have FITE and a France 14 pbem game going but when I load the game I get a wrong .eqp error and I am booted out of the game...

Any help?

Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes -Publilius Syrus
Post #: 1
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 9/18/2010 7:57:57 PM   
Panama

It closes the game or just the scenario? Either way, I think that's a new one. In my experience I've never heard of it closing anything, just continues the game.

(in reply to MilRevKo)
Post #: 2
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 9/18/2010 8:46:44 PM   
MilRevKo

Yes, it kicks me out of the game back to desk top

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 3
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 9/18/2010 9:07:44 PM   
sapper32

Hey ive had experiances in the past where ive played one scenario then switched to another and got the same message and i think i had to restart TOAW III and it was fine, odd but there you go???

(in reply to MilRevKo)
Post #: 4
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 9/18/2010 10:07:18 PM   
MilRevKo

Well, I am not able to load any of my PBEM games be I get the wrong .eqp file and then it kicks me out

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 5
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 9/18/2010 10:29:11 PM   
sapper32

Have u downloaded any eqp file to TOAWIII i downloaded the eqt file for josants WWIII scenario and had to delete it as kept getting the wrong .eqp file message for every scenario but that one???

(in reply to MilRevKo)
Post #: 6
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 9/18/2010 11:01:38 PM   
MilRevKo

At this point I have reinstalled the game and patched it, I will see how it goes

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 7
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 9/18/2010 11:04:09 PM   
larryfulkerson

Fixing the error you're getting is easy. Just make sure that two conditions are met:

1) The scenario name must match exactly the name of a folder in the graphics directory.
(ex. Autumn Fog 1944 )
2) The folder in the graphics directory must contain an equipment file that has a name that matches
exactly the name of the scenario ( ex. Autumn Fog 1944.eqp )

As long as these conditions are met you can have about any named scenario you want I guess. I'm attaching a picture to show the setup I'm using for Autumn Fog 1944:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 8
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 9/18/2010 11:15:45 PM   
sapper32

I learn somthing new everyday

< Message edited by sapper32 -- 9/18/2010 11:16:03 PM >

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 9
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 9/18/2010 11:21:44 PM   
MilRevKo

Well I not sure how bad or good this is but:

I copyed the equipemnt.eqp file to my dest top. Renamed it Fire in the east.eqp and copyed it into the graphics folder. It worked. I think it gave me the wrong .eqp file but then went into the game

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 10
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 9/19/2010 1:12:19 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: MilRevKo
It worked.

Nothing succeeds like success. As long as it works it's good to go.

(in reply to MilRevKo)
Post #: 11
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 9/19/2010 1:23:09 AM   
ralphtricky

quote:

ORIGINAL: MilRevKo
Well I not sure how bad or good this is but:

I copyed the equipemnt.eqp file to my dest top. Renamed it Fire in the east.eqp and copyed it into the graphics folder. It worked. I think it gave me the wrong .eqp file but then went into the game

Here's what is happening with these. New games include the scenario directory in the search path, so if you just copied all the files over, it will load correctly when starting a new game, and give an error after that.

Save games look in a bunch of places, the graphics directory with the scenario name.eqp, a sub-directory with the scenario name, the altgraphics, etc.

PBEM games require you to play with the correct file. Save games allow you to use a different eqp file if you want to change the equipment to make it harder, etc.

For 3.4, we're including an equipment.eqp file in the graphics directory, that should help when changing scenarios and so that you're playing with the correct files. Unfortunately, it does cause an issue with non-english languages, so for those, it may be best to delete that file and plan on exiting and restarting between scenarios. I'm going to look into that for 3.5.

Ralph

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

(in reply to MilRevKo)
Post #: 12
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 11/17/2010 10:41:33 PM   
sapper32

Mmmm Ive just tried to start a PBEM game of EA and blow me it said im using the wrong ,eqp file. I saved and downloaded the file my opponent sent me i started TOAW III selected load PBEM game clicked on the file chose my password and then i got the playing with the wrong .eqp file message??? Ive being playing EA since i bought the game and never had this before it didnt allow me to enter the game and sent me back to TOAW III game menu any help please guys.

Regards

Ian

(in reply to ralphtricky)
Post #: 13
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 11/17/2010 10:55:07 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: sapper32
Mmmm Ive just tried to start a PBEM game of EA and blow me it said im using the wrong ,eqp file.....any help please guys.

It's important that the scenario, the directory that the equipment file lives in, and the equipment file all have the same exaact file name ( except for the three letter extension ). The reading of the file won't work right otherwise. If that's all correct then I'm at a loss to explain what's going wrong.

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 14
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 11/17/2010 11:40:58 PM   
MilRevKo

Read above post

make sure to name the copied .eqp the exact name as the scenario you are playing and place in the graphics folder

< Message edited by MilRevKo -- 11/18/2010 12:22:56 AM >

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 15
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 11/18/2010 12:57:35 AM   
Panama

If you are designing a scenario it would help to put a new 'unit' with minimal stats in a spare equipment slot. Include one of that type in any unit. Then tell people to look under "Inventory and Replacements" for that unit as a check to insure you are using the correct .eqp file.

(in reply to MilRevKo)
Post #: 16
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 11/20/2010 4:55:20 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: sapper32

Mmmm Ive just tried to start a PBEM game of EA and blow me it said im using the wrong ,eqp file. I saved and downloaded the file my opponent sent me i started TOAW III selected load PBEM game clicked on the file chose my password and then i got the playing with the wrong .eqp file message??? Ive being playing EA since i bought the game and never had this before it didnt allow me to enter the game and sent me back to TOAW III game menu any help please guys.

EA does not have a modified equipment file, so it's a candidate for the problem that is introduced by this method:

1. Open a scenario that uses a modified equipment file.
2. Without exiting TOAW III, open a scenario that doesn't use a modified equipment file.

The scenario just opened will use the equipment file in the graphics folder or, if that file is not there, the equipment file of the previously opened scenario. Since that will be the wrong file, that will generate the error message.

There are two possible solutions:

1. Put the generic equipment.eqp file in the graphics folder (the 3.4 install will do this). Or,
2. Always exit TOAW III and re-run it before running another game file.

You must not have done either to get the message.

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 17
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 11/20/2010 9:36:51 PM   
sapper32

Hey my problem was the graphics for call to arms were downloaded into the TOAW III graphics folder not into a folder of there own named Call to arms which wasent a problem untill i tried to start another scenario which was when i got the wrong eqp message school boy error i know but there you go its taught me a lesson on how to do things,never again will the Whermacht have musket squads instead of HRS

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 18
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 7/3/2011 10:22:33 AM   
BigDuke66

It was mentioned that the file names should match but how does it come that for example this scenario:
Campaign For North Africa 40-43.SCE
has this subfolder
Campaign For North Africa 40-43 v.9.0
and this equipment file:
Campaign For North Africa 40-43 v.9.0.eqp

It shouldn't work but it does so I opened the scenario file with a text editor I find this line on the top:
TOAC H scenario o Campaign For North Africa 40-43 v.9.0
So I guess that is why TOAW uses the correct files but where do I set this name in the scenario editor?

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 19
RE: Wronq .eqp file - 7/3/2011 6:39:00 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

It was mentioned that the file names should match but how does it come that for example this scenario:
Campaign For North Africa 40-43.SCE
has this subfolder
Campaign For North Africa 40-43 v.9.0
and this equipment file:
Campaign For North Africa 40-43 v.9.0.eqp

It shouldn't work but it does so I opened the scenario file with a text editor I find this line on the top:
TOAC H scenario o Campaign For North Africa 40-43 v.9.0
So I guess that is why TOAW uses the correct files but where do I set this name in the scenario editor?

If you open the scenario in the TOAW Editor and try to save it, the name it will try to save will be "Campaign For North Africa 40-43 v.9.0.sce", because that's the name of the scenario. The DOS filename has been subsequently edited to omit the version text - but it's the TOAW name that matters for associated files.

The "v.x.y" text - if in that specific format - is not displayed in the scenario name. Ralph cuts it out for appearence purposes.

This feature is to allow multiple versions of a scenario to co-exist. If I update the CFNA equipment file in the next update, players may still be playing a game using the older equipment file - so I can't overwrite it. But new games started would use the new equipment file.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Wronq .eqp file Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI