Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Viewing data

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Viewing data Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Viewing data - 7/7/2012 3:39:16 PM   
Suul

I am learning the game and I would like to view the data in another window while I play.

What is the easiest/best way to do this?

Is the information in a PDF file somewhere?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Viewing data - 7/7/2012 8:28:16 PM   
uncleharpoon

No, it's not in PDF format as most of the databases are living (i.e. they are updated frequently).

Therefore, if you have a modern system you can open the database editor program and view it there.

OR

You can get an approximation if you purchase a copy of the paper rules - but be very very clear that the database values are NOT the same and the paper rules are a subset of all the different databases out there.

Finally, we only support ANWDB, ODB, and HUD3/4 databases. There are other databases out there promoted by players who feel their work is superior. To which I say two things.

1. Use what makes you happy - just don't steal anything.
2. It is a game, there are no consistent values - just like in real combat.

< Message edited by uncleharpoon -- 7/8/2012 4:34:11 PM >

(in reply to Suul)
Post #: 2
RE: Viewing data - 7/8/2012 9:41:20 AM   
Vincenzo_Beretta

quote:

ORIGINAL: Suul

I am learning the game and I would like to view the data in another window while I play.

What is the easiest/best way to do this?

Is the information in a PDF file somewhere?

The best way to learn the game and view data is to play with the utilities open side-by-side. The video Tutorials and After-Action Reports you can find on the Harpoon for Dummies YouTube channel are specifically designed so that players can view them alongside the scenarios as they run. They can also play along and re-create all the necessary steps shown as the scenario or Tutorial unfolds.

They use the PlayersDB. I don't know if it is "superior" But the tutorials are broken in the ANW and HUE versions of the game, so via PDb we fixed them.

Harpoon3.6.3 users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon 3.6.3 Library
Harpoon ANW users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon ANW Library
Harpoon HUE users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon HUE Library

"Harpoon for Dummies" channel

(in reply to uncleharpoon)
Post #: 3
RE: Viewing data - 7/8/2012 2:29:07 PM   
Suul

Thanks for the info...

But, currently I am unable to get the database to open. I can't find H3CD. The H3RE gives me a run time error and the DB portion of the editor seems to not be working.

Thanks

(in reply to Vincenzo_Beretta)
Post #: 4
RE: Viewing data - 7/8/2012 4:36:47 PM   
uncleharpoon

We are going to need a whole lot more information on your system and installation in order to help you get the editors to run. However, we don't support using the editors as the combinations are endless.

So please tell us the version # of the game, did you install everything?, did you update it?, what version of Windows are you running?, are you and Admin on the account you are running on?, if you aren't did you try running the editors as the Admin?, what AV software are you running?

(in reply to Suul)
Post #: 5
RE: Viewing data - 7/8/2012 6:29:13 PM   
Vincenzo_Beretta

This video will not answer all your questions, but it can give you an idea how to use your H3RE (a.k.a. Reimer Editor). It was create to show some of the pitfalls inherent in editing Harpoon's databases; but it shows database editing in passing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY_zJGXx-0Q&list=PL7FD358DCB395BFD8&index=12&feature=plpp_video

For more specific assistance on H3CD or use of the H3RE, you may post your questions to the Harpoon for Dummies channel so that a complete and proper video can be made in response.

(in reply to uncleharpoon)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Viewing data Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI