Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stockpiling.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Stockpiling. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stockpiling. - 7/24/2011 12:15:51 AM   
CV 2

Couple of questions about the stockpiling of supplies (et al) that went into place in 1108m something (didnt see anything written on it before). Actually one is more of a how is supposed to work question so I can try to figure out if it is actually working as intended.

1) Is there a master on/off switch (meaning turn all bases on, turn all bases off) for stockpiling like there is for base building? If there is I cant find it (Im old and could be over looking something obvious ).

2) If one were to turn "on" "stockpile supplies" for every base in Oz for example, except for Brisbane (which for the sake of argument is receiving regular supply convoys) what happens to the supplies there? Lets say Townsville is the only base below its supply threshold, and it is below its supply threshold by 2000. Will 2000 supplies be drawn from Brisbane (leaving all the rest of the supplies in Brisbane) or will all the supplies from there be drawn out since Brisbane is not ordered to stockpile and everything else is?

3) The other side of the same coin, if I tell Tokyo to stockpile and no other bases in Japan, will all supplies above the thresholds go to Tokyo? Or just when it falls below its threshold?

< Message edited by CV 2 -- 7/24/2011 12:17:41 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Stockpiling. - 7/24/2011 1:26:31 AM   
michaelm75au

Stockpiling generlly means that a base wont release any supplies/etc to any other base requesting them. In the example of Brisbane, Townsville would get enough of its supply from Brisbane as no other base could respond to the request.

No master button. My expectation that this would be used as an exception condition. One where you would only turn it on for a select number of bases locally in order to build up supply/etc for the base's use.

Michael

(in reply to CV 2)
Post #: 2
RE: Stockpiling. - 7/24/2011 1:31:39 AM   
CV 2

I see it the other way. Turning them all on except the supply hubs

At least in the case of supplies and fuel. Resources and oil I see going the other way with only the ports of embarkation with stockpile on.

< Message edited by CV 2 -- 7/24/2011 1:32:36 AM >

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3
RE: Stockpiling. - 7/24/2011 2:19:07 AM   
michaelm75au

This must be one of those "the glass is half full" / "the glass is half empty" situations.

Michael

(in reply to CV 2)
Post #: 4
RE: Stockpiling. - 7/24/2011 3:20:31 AM   
CV 2

Probably. But seriously, would be nice if you could find a place to put that in (all on/all off buttons). Maybe on the industry screen? Lots of room on the bottom of that display.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 5
RE: Stockpiling. - 7/24/2011 4:44:09 AM   
m10bob

Tinkering.....I wonder if it would be possible to have an adjustable meter that would allow you to stockpile, but still release to towns within "x"distance?

(in reply to CV 2)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Stockpiling. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI