Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Base support affecting flight operations.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Base support affecting flight operations. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Base support affecting flight operations. - 10/15/2002 10:42:50 PM   
Sonny

My air support is fine, the morale is high, the fatigue is non-existant but my level bombers at Cooktown won't attack a Japanese bobmardment TF just south of GG ready to run in on PM (they also don't fly when the TF is on the way out).

The only think I can see is that the base support is a little low. My base support requirements are 339 and I have 327. Is it an all or nothing kind of thing or is it proportional? And does it affect whether my aircraft make offensive flights?

:confused:
Post #: 1
Re: Base support affecting flight operations. - 10/15/2002 11:26:54 PM   
Von Rom

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sonny
[B]My air support is fine, the morale is high, the fatigue is non-existant but my level bombers at Cooktown won't attack a Japanese bobmardment TF just south of GG ready to run in on PM (they also don't fly when the TF is on the way out).

The only think I can see is that the base support is a little low. My base support requirements are 339 and I have 327. Is it an all or nothing kind of thing or is it proportional? And does it affect whether my aircraft make offensive flights?

:confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

Sonny: At times I have had low base support, and yet a few planes will still fly.

I, too, have found planes attacking these Bombardemt TFs, to be an "on again, off again" exercise.

Why my air units will or will not attack Bombardment TFs, is still a mystery to me.

To help stop those Bombardment TFs, I usually fill the targetted base with copious numbers of PT boats. . . ;)

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 2
Re: Re: Base support affecting flight operations. - 10/16/2002 1:41:38 AM   
Sonny

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Von Rom
[B]

Sonny: At times I have had low base support, and yet a few planes will still fly.

I, too, have found planes attacking these Bombardemt TFs, to be an "on again, off again" exercise.

Why my air units will or will not attack Bombardment TFs, is still a mystery to me.

To help stop those Bombardment TFs, I usually fill the targetted base with copious numbers of PT boats. . . ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Don't have PT boats yet. And my opponents never seem to have this problem.:mad:

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 3
Re: Base support affecting flight operations. - 10/16/2002 3:04:30 AM   
dpstafford

[B]My air support is fine, the morale is high, the fatigue is non-existant but my level bombers at Cooktown won't attack a Japanese bobmardment TF just south of GG ready to run in on PM (they also don't fly when the TF is on the way out).
[/B][/QUOTE]That's quite a long haul from Cooktown to the Gili Gili area. I find that level bombers are less likely to attack a naval target the further away it is. You really can't rely on them to stop bombardment runs......

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 4
Re: Re: Base support affecting flight operations. - 10/16/2002 4:37:27 AM   
Sonny

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dpstafford
[B]That's quite a long haul from Cooktown to the Gili Gili area. I find that level bombers are less likely to attack a naval target the further away it is. You really can't rely on them to stop bombardment runs...... [/B][/QUOTE]

They didn't have trouble attacking transports at GG earlier in the game.:)

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 5
- 10/16/2002 7:21:57 AM   
ADavidB

Have a few of the bombers on "Naval Search" at each base. i usually set 20% of all of my bomber squadrens on Naval Search. Although you might see the bombardment TF on the screen, you could be getting the information from other sources which aren't available at the right time to your bomber squadrens. Also, as your bombers build experience they will occasionally drop the odd bomb while on patrol, which is a nice "bonus".

Dave Baranyi

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 6
- 10/16/2002 10:11:29 AM   
Drex

I agree with ADavidB, if you have search planes out from the same base, there is a better chance of the base sending out an attack.

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 7
Re: Base support affecting flight operations. - 10/16/2002 7:21:50 PM   
tanjman

:confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

Sonny,

Page 110 (section 18.5) of the UV Manual says "a base never requires more than 250 aviation support" so 327 is more than enough and shouldn't affect flight operations. I think the other posted replies cover the other factors.

Gunner's Mate: A Boatswain's Mate with a hunting license.

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 8
Re: Re: Base support affecting flight operations. - 10/16/2002 10:15:45 PM   
Sonny

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tanjman
[B]

Sonny,

Page 110 (section 18.5) of the UV Manual says "a base never requires more than 250 aviation support" so 327 is more than enough and shouldn't affect flight operations. I think the other posted replies cover the other factors. [/B][/QUOTE]

I have all the aviation support I need - it is base support which is a little short.:)

I'll see if any of my guys are on naval search. That may be it.:)

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Base support affecting flight operations. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI