Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Your thoughts on these ideas for SPWAW............

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Your thoughts on these ideas for SPWAW............ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Your thoughts on these ideas for SPWAW............ - 1/1/2001 1:43:00 AM   
Commander Klank

Well I've been playing SPWAW for over 3 months now and love it. During this time I have come up with several ideas for the game. 1. Have a fire all shots button or command for units. This would have a unit keep shooting at a target till it runs out of shots or it is distroyed (the target). Extra shots would be lost if the target is distroyed before all shots are fired. The fireing could still be interupted by oppertunity fire. It would work kinda like movement. 2 I'd like to see an experamental or what if vehical OOB in the misalanious section of the selection screen. This could be were the E-100s, T-5 tanks and what not would be. 3 Oh, and get rid of the stupid asterex! It detracts from the realizum of the game. The only people who really "use" it are power gamers. Make 'em watch for the change in movment rate. Well thats it. I'd like to know what you guys think. Commander Klank

Commander Klank

Post #: 1
- 1/1/2001 6:00:00 AM   
Charles22

I have a suggestion which I've voiced before relating to Commander Klank's #1 suggestion. It is....see if the target lock ability can be restored. When opfire was given to the player, the ability for a unit to fix it's fire on one unit has disappeared. Perhaps some sort of "lock" option can be made? What is happening is that if the unit prompts to fire during opfire, even if you turn it down, it switches to that as it's target, thus, no unit can target another beyond the length of one turn. Let's say that with the inexperienced Soviets, you try to negate such disadvantage by staying locked on the same target; it won't work. It seems to me that during opfire, every time a unit prompts to fire, whether turned down or not, it continually changes targets, should the opfire end at that point. As well, though this is purely a guess, I think if one fixes this by knocking out the unit's range so that it can't retarget during opfire, my guess is that it will still lose the target it had. Perhaps if there was a way to lock the target during opfire anymore, the unit could only opfire on the unit it had locked on to. Even if cutting down the range during opfire would allow a unit to keep it's target (assuming it didn't lose LOS of the target), when the player turn starts again, there's no way to know which target of the same type, that it has been locked on, thus all accuracy building only exists on the player turn and will not carry over from turn to turn. Does this even work when player-controlled opfire is turned off? Thanks.

(in reply to Commander Klank)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Your thoughts on these ideas for SPWAW............ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI