Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Near Future....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> The Near Future.... Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Near Future.... - 7/24/2011 6:46:11 PM   
Mad Russian

We've, been busy with some things.

There are updates for PCO and "other" things in the works. The new update should be released soon.

While the coders work on the game running smoother and quicker the rest of us are working on other things.

Some ideas that may come to mind are expansions that may include tank aces, more campaigns, Axis Minors, more unit representation, etc.

I know that several of you have challenged me in the recent past to some PBEM games and I've had to beg off those because of a limitation on my time.

However, that should be about to be resolved. So,give me until about the middle of August and I should be ready to fight to some PBEM games.

At the moment "we" are constructing approximately 35 maps for inclusion into "something".

I have read where PCO is dead and nobody is playing it and the forums are dead. Well, the forums are dead. The game is not dead. There is work being done to the game system everyday. While PCO isn't where we want it to be, and we've always said that it needs to go another step forward, the work has not stopped to get it going to the next level.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 7/24/2011 6:48:11 PM >

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
Post #: 1
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/24/2011 7:26:47 PM   
belljack95

Thanks for the information. Just bought Panzer Command Ostfront and look forward to the continued support and update of the game. The editor options and company commander level of the game with ability to fight on Soviet and German sides sold me on the game. The extra features you mentioned (minor nations, new maps, etc) sound wonderful and I look forward to trying them out.

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 2
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/24/2011 7:31:25 PM   
sztartur2

Good communique. Then all my walk in the valley of tears with MM was not in vein...

The forum really seems to be dead. Dead as a tomb.

< Message edited by sztartur -- 7/24/2011 7:50:36 PM >

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to belljack95)
Post #: 3
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/24/2011 8:10:33 PM   
Jafele

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

I have read where PCO is dead and nobody is playing it and the forums are dead. Well, the forums are dead. The game is not dead. There is work being done to the game system everyday. While PCO isn't where we want it to be, and we've always said that it needs to go another step forward, the work has not stopped to get it going to the next level.

Thanks for your work. I can see it´s a serious game and not a "politically correct game". I hope the game continue improving in a historical and common sense way instead of the typical business way. Listen to the people only if they have something interesting to add. Please, never change.

Cheers

Jafele

< Message edited by Jafele -- 7/24/2011 8:40:33 PM >

Post #: 4
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/24/2011 8:14:49 PM   
Scouseair68

Well, it's certainly not dead where I'm concerned. I'm relatively new to PCO, having only bought it a couple of weeks back, but I'm loving every minute. I've been wargaming since 1979 and computer wargaming since 1981. I'm a long time veteran of the Combat Mission series and I have to say you have done a brilliant job with Ostfront. The look and feel is spot on. I really am having a blast and can't thank you enough. Oh, and great work whoever did the manual. Excellent read. Bought the physical copy (dislike reading manuals at the comp, bad back) and it is great to see such a good manual in this day and age. Thought those days were long gone.

The reason why I haven't posted before is I'm kinda quiet most of the time. I suffer badly from depression, long term, and can't even leave the house most of the time. So I'm usually too nervous to post on forums. But the thought of the devs thinking nobody is playing PCO, or looking at the forums....I just had to say something. I love the game and can't wait to see what the future brings. Your hints are truly tantalizing.

I'm also going to put myself up for PBEM soon, hopefully. I lost touch with my wargaming bunch when I moved cities, and with not being able to leave the house much it's perfect for me.

So thanks to all the devs for a great job. I'm enjoying it immensely. I can see from the forum that you guys put in 120% effort and your passion really comes through. Sorry for the hyperbole, but I get a little carried away when I really appreciate something.....especially on the good days. Sorry for not posting before but the bad days tend to be a lot more frequent.

Scouseair (A very happy current and future customer)

(Edit) Oh, and excellent demo too. Really convinced me you were getting my birthday money!!!!

< Message edited by Scouseair68 -- 7/24/2011 8:18:08 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/24/2011 8:20:34 PM   
junk2drive

Thanks for the comments folks.

Matrix forums tend to be quieter than some others because the members don't post silliness or senseless banter. Well, sometimes we behave...

WitP AE is the exception for post counts. I don't go in there so I don't know what they talk about.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to Scouseair68)
Post #: 6
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/24/2011 9:20:20 PM   
oldspec4

I'm still hanging around and still enjoy the game...just waitin' for the next update.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 7
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/24/2011 10:39:49 PM   
Mad Russian

Thanks for the comments guys. There is always a lull while an update is being worked on. In this case at least it's not years in the making.

Now that we are looking at doing expansions as well I'm learning how much of a lull can develop if we don't keep posting here in a routine manner.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 7/24/2011 10:41:50 PM >

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 8
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/25/2011 3:00:58 AM   
Talon_XBMCX

I think that people ar playing rather than posting on the boards. After all, isn't that what this great game is for?

Thanks for a great title! Looking forward to many mor hours of fun and can't wait to see what the future brings to this franchise!

Post #: 9
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/25/2011 4:08:52 AM   
Jacko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

Thanks for the comments guys. There is always a lull while an update is being worked on. In this case at least it's not years in the making.

Now that we are looking at doing expansions as well I'm learning how much of a lull can develop if we don't keep posting here in a routine manner.

Good Hunting.

MR

As busy as you people are with the update and related matters, I think routine posting here has to go on. Be in the shape of screenshots or short descriptions of the changes you are planning to make, but this lull is something no game can afford, I think. Especially since you and your colleagues gave such impressive forum support in the past months. Having said that I must conclude that the forum members, including myself, also have left this game in the cold for the past weeks. Something to learn from for all of us.

Post #: 10
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/25/2011 5:31:19 AM   
Mad Russian

That's exactly why I came back in here. I got so involved in what we are currently doing that I just disappeared. That gives the impression that nothing is happening. The same impression that the past 2 years gave to people.

We don't need that again.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 11
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/25/2011 6:00:45 AM   
7thcav

The forums may appear dead but I check a couple of times a day for patch updates and there is always somebody here just nobody is posting. Any performance gains will be a huge help towards getting things moving again.I wish the coders luck on what has to be a frustrating task. Ironically one thing I have noticed is that the solution to many of the complaints I have heard from others in conversation about PCO could be easily resolved by reading the manual !!!

Post #: 12
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/25/2011 8:52:52 AM   
Jafele

quote:

ORIGINAL: 7thcav
Ironically one thing I have noticed is that the solution to many of the complaints I have heard from others in conversation about PCO could be easily resolved by reading the manual !!!

Totally agree. It means the game doesn´t need important changes because it´s really good. If the forum is quite it´s a good sign: people are playing Panzer Command and designers are working hard to improve the game and correct bugs. This is close to perfection . I wish most of wargames could follow this way.

< Message edited by Jafele -- 7/25/2011 9:34:12 AM >

(in reply to 7thcav)
Post #: 13
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/25/2011 11:32:39 AM   
JMass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jafele
If the forum is quite it´s a good sign: people are playing Panzer Command and designers are working hard to improve the game and correct bugs.

I must admit that I taken a pause on work on models because, as every summer, I am short of free time so I am enjoying the game when possible.

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 14
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/25/2011 10:24:49 PM   
Beany

I have been playing PCO since its release in preference to playing CMBN. The latter may have better graphics and some other features but I have REALLY been enjoying PCO. The improvements made to the game are a credit to all the developers and I am looking forward to the future installments of the game.

Regards,

Mark C.

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 15
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/26/2011 12:35:12 AM   
general_solomon

Like some others have mentioned, most of us are playing the game. life with work and family can only afford time to either play or chit chat in the forums. also, it should be noted that this is the summer season and alot of folks are on vacation.

I think the powers that be should drop a couple of long video AARs to restart discussions and strategies.

thanks for the update. looking forward to the new material.

(in reply to Beany)
Post #: 16
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/26/2011 9:21:20 AM   
pinwolf

quote:

ORIGINAL: general_solomon

Like some others have mentioned, most of us are playing the game.
...thanks for the update. looking forward to the new material.

x2

(in reply to general_solomon)
Post #: 17
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/26/2011 5:30:58 PM   
sztartur2

Uuups error...

< Message edited by sztartur -- 7/26/2011 5:31:41 PM >

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to pinwolf)
Post #: 18
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/26/2011 6:41:54 PM   
Jacko

re-implementing  the 10 person squads would be HIGHLY appreciated...

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 19
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/26/2011 10:28:59 PM   
sztartur2

Can you tell us about the ETA of the final version of the update. Shall I re-implement the 10 person squads or shall I wait for the final version first?

Can you tell a bit more about the contents of the update?

Any chance of bigger maps or destructible buildings?

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 20
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/26/2011 11:15:39 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: sztartur

Can you tell us about the ETA of the final version of the update. Shall I re-implement the 10 person squads or shall I wait for the final version first?

Can you tell a bit more about the contents of the update?

Any chance of bigger maps or destructible buildings?

I think the final patch is probably at least 3 weeks out yet. I don't expect additional changes to the Infantry squads within that time frame, but I can't say it won't happen. If you wanted to work on the German Infantry, they should be reasonably final.

The only changes we expect between this beta and the final are possibly some addtional refinement of the rout/retreat behavior, and some refinement of the LOD levels to try and improve performance.

I don't expect to see destructible buildings until the next major game release in the series.

I don't expect larger map capabilities to come in a patch.

The above are just my opinion of course.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 21
RE: The Near Future.... - 7/27/2011 4:28:29 PM   
Yoozername

Will the game run faster on XP platforms?  Presently I just run the game on a Win7 laptop (which is not my property).

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 22
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/7/2011 4:00:11 PM   
sztartur2

Any news with this? Almost two weeks have passed.

I would also like to see a roadmap on the long run. This game has some very good aspects on one hand but it is incomplete yet from others.

It would be interesting If any hint would be given bout.
1. when the next official patch will come.
2. when do you plan the next major release and what do you plan to include it in. (bigger maps, destructible terrain& buildings, more infantry commands) Is some of this will not be included that is also an information. Even CMX1 knew 3kmX3km maps and even bigger maps for operations and destructible terrain I miss those very much...

Knowing what to plan for would help focusing our involvement in the game.

(in reply to Yoozername)
Post #: 23
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/7/2011 5:13:00 PM   
Jacko

I agree. I'm not impatient and realize the huge amount of work involved, but a bit of information would lighten the waiting. 

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 24
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/7/2011 5:24:31 PM   
sztartur2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jacko

I agree. I'm not impatient and realize the huge amount of work involved, but a bit of information would lighten the waiting. 

Same here.

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 25
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/7/2011 8:32:12 PM   
7thcav

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jacko

Same here.

Artur
Bye chance did you use to design Steel Panthers scenarios back in the day ??

Regards
7thcav

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 26
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/7/2011 9:12:07 PM   
sztartur2

quote:

Artur

Regards
7thcav

By chance yes.

I was a member of Das Reich campaign team for SPWAW and made the huge scenarios about the battle of Prokhorovka and the opening of zitadelle.

I was (and I am if needed) a member of beta testers for SPMBT and SPWW2 and I have my scenarios and my campaign included in SPMBT.

(in reply to 7thcav)
Post #: 27
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/7/2011 9:18:00 PM   
7thcav

quote:

quote:

Artur

Regards
7thcav

By chance yes.

I was a member of Das Reich campaign team for SPWAW and made the huge scenarios about the battle of Prokhorovka and the opening of zitadelle.

I was (and I am if needed) a member of beta testers for SPMBT and SPWW2 and I have my scenarios and my campaign included in SPMBT.

Thought so, I was a member of the Das Reich test team and tested for you with your SPMBT campaign....years ago. Good to see that your still active !!!!

< Message edited by 7thcav -- 8/8/2011 12:01:21 AM >

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 28
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/7/2011 9:21:31 PM   
sztartur2

Well I you want you can test my scenarios now . Unfortunately I am not so active as I was those days. Much lesser time much more demanding job(until I still have it). 

(in reply to 7thcav)
Post #: 29
RE: The Near Future.... - 8/7/2011 9:36:57 PM   
Enigma6584

It is nice to see old friends (comrades) reconnecting.

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> The Near Future.... Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI