Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Major update at Bonzo's Website

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Major update at Bonzo's Website Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Major update at Bonzo's Website - 1/4/2001 6:44:00 PM   
Bonzo

David gave me some info and graphics on Matrix's upcoming game, Combat Leader. Stop by at http://nwbattalion.tripod.com/ ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://nwbattalion.tripod.com Mirror http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com E-mail [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail
Post #: 1
- 1/4/2001 8:17:00 PM   
RUsco

Thanks Bonzo, This looks great. If it plays as well as SPWAW it will be a sure winner.

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 2
- 1/5/2001 1:10:00 AM   
Mark Ezra

Put you as a favorite. Looks like a great start for Matrix.

All Hail Marx and Lennon

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 3
- 1/5/2001 1:37:00 AM   
Warhorse

Cat's out of the bag, eh?! We are very excited about this one!!!!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 4
- 1/5/2001 1:37:00 AM   
Don Doom

Looks Good, Will have to try it when it comes out Doom

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 5
- 1/5/2001 1:47:00 AM   
Kharan

Whee! How is CL "wego" system different from M.A.X. which used a similar sounding system? Simultaneous execution means player's reaction time won't be a factor? M.A.X. was great but the worst gamey trick was to move an important unit just at the end of one turn and quickly at the beginning of the next turn to get an advantage. Will it have nation specific handling of artillery? Not only bridges but also ice with weight restrictions? A replay which can show the entire battle afterwards and can be saved? A good replay feature can add tremendously to the game, like 688i's and Gettysburg/Antietam's replay features (except that it only showed 3 hours of the whole 9-hour battle we went through, grr). CAP? Turret traverse rates? Better infantry combat with close range melee? Multiplayer campaigns? And multiplayer extended to hotseat and PBEM. With everyone alone, teams against each other and also co-operative against the AI. [This message has been edited by Kharan (edited January 04, 2001).]

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 6
- 1/5/2001 3:58:00 AM   
Fabs

From the glimpse that I have had at Bonzo's site, I am guardedly optimistic. I would need much more info before I'm ready to break the champagne open, followed in quick succession by my wallet. I do hope the new game will incorporate the best features of SPWAW into a much superior terrain system and game engine, and that none of the excellent attributes of the SPWAW design have had to be compromised to fit the new format. These are too many to mention. Will there be a map and scenario editor? Will there be steeper slopes and higher elevation levels? Will it be possible to model more accurately closer range engagements such as urban (no more 50 yards wide roads) and Bocage fights (no more 50 yards wide hedges and country lanes)? Will the AI be sharper? Will the system of reaction turns and waypoints that helps to direct AI ractions be represented, albeit in a different way? Will gullies, streams, trenches and other such features be realistically represented at any elevation, as well as fields, ponds, lakes etc.? These are just a few of the questions that come to mind. Sorry not to join the general jollity. The concept sounds absolutely fine, but often in these things the devil is in the detail. I hope my comments are taken in the spirit in which I meant them, which is constructive. ------------------ Fabs

Fabs

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 7
- 1/5/2001 5:57:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

I copied this thread over into the CL thread and will answer over there.

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Major update at Bonzo's Website Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI