Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

India, Burma and China: What to Do?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> India, Burma and China: What to Do? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
India, Burma and China: What to Do? - 3/17/2015 2:21:19 AM   
Anthropoid

I'm coming to realize how much of a different game this actually is from WiTP (e.g., the clarification in Menchs' thread about not exactly having to ship supply into Oz the same as in WiTP).

I never had a very deep understanding of India, China Burma even back when I was competent against the AI in WiTP. Moreover, it is I think a rather different theatre now in AE. But now that I'm facing my first PBEM I'm curious: what are good 'general operating principles for this far western section of the map?

Any advice or suggestions are much appreciated, or anyone can point me to an AAR where an allied player went through the details of his strategy there. In fact, the more suggestions the better so that Malagant might not be less able to guess what I might try over there

< Message edited by Anthropoid -- 3/17/2015 3:22:49 AM >

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3
Post #: 1
RE: India, Burma and China: What to Do? - 3/17/2015 3:51:48 AM   
crsutton

You wont hold Burma vs a good Japanese player. Just not possible. Many AARs feature Japanese Invasions of India. I suggest you catch up on Greyjoy vs Obvert where all the action has been in Burma and India. As the Allied player you need to determine how hard your opponent is going to go for India. If it is a serious attack you need to move a lot of troops from the US and perhaps Australia (depending on how you opponent is doing there)

As for myself. I move American fighter and bomber unit from the US to Cape Town beginning from the first day of the war. Even if they are skeleton units you can build them up later when they are in India. I am not shy about moving lots of Allied units to India. I welcome a fight there. Send all the Australian tank units you can spare. Fighting in Burma and India costs the Japanese player tons of supply and fuel.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 2
RE: India, Burma and China: What to Do? - 3/17/2015 5:56:03 AM   
Anthropoid

Wow, that is placing a lot more emphasis on that theater than I ever would have imagined. Thanks Crsutton. And to others, who have sent me PMs

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 3
RE: India, Burma and China: What to Do? - 3/17/2015 7:26:22 AM   
witpqs

Here's my current AAR.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2966329

There are lots of good ones that can help you see some of what gives in different areas. In my own I have a standard mixed bag, so don't expect to see all the best advice.

PS: There will be a quiz at the end, so pay attention.

< Message edited by witpqs -- 3/17/2015 8:26:34 AM >

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 4
RE: India, Burma and China: What to Do? - 3/17/2015 1:00:48 PM   
ny59giants

To Cape Town and hopefully India: I usually send the 40th and 41st American Divisions to CT via Eastern USA to await PP before being shipped to India. In addition, some of your 155mm FA units that have withdrawl days 700 to 800 days go. Eventually, a Marine CD unit goes to help with advances along the coast. 2 to 4 DB groups are sent, but need PPs to be able to leave Eastern USA. All you have are the few TBs and if you want to counter any invasion, those DBs come in handy.

The at start B-17Ds end up in India from Philippines. You have to be careful with this version of B-17s as they have NO rear guns, but can reach from Ledo to Sian. I send the two PBYs from the Philippines to India as you have few Catalina groups and they are small with only 6 patrol planes.

Ceylon may become an invasion point. The units you DON'T want to lose are the big AA brigade (72 heavy AA guns) and the heavy AA units that trickle in as reinforcements. I ship them to India asap. the big AA brigade ends up at ledo to protect my transports flying supplies into China.

In general, when it comes to India, I focus on fort building every where except Delhi. I want this base expanded to allow air groups to upgrade planes. Even if it doesn't happen, always prepare India for invasion. Always!!

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 5
RE: India, Burma and China: What to Do? - 3/17/2015 3:33:19 PM   
Anthropoid

Thanks gentlemen! I have much reading to do it seems :)

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 6
RE: India, Burma and China: What to Do? - 3/17/2015 4:59:36 PM   
USSAmerica

Hey Anthropoid, has that always been your signature? I'm a huge Rush fan, and just noticed it.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 7
RE: India, Burma and China: What to Do? - 3/17/2015 11:37:41 PM   
Anthropoid

Not always but it has been my signature for a hella long time I think. Several years anyway. At one point I had some bs picture I made that said "Sharks With Lasers Fanboi"

Back before Crown of Glory Emperor's Edition (CoGEE) went dormant, I probably had something about one of the PBEM's I was in in my signature.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 8
RE: India, Burma and China: What to Do? - 3/22/2015 2:01:01 AM   
Lowpe

I would worry more about getting fighters to Oz at first than assets to India.

Ok, I would worry about both.

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 9
RE: India, Burma and China: What to Do? - 3/22/2015 5:01:47 AM   
Anthropoid

How many of which type of wings would you say are a realistic "ideal to ship into Oz and India in the first few weeks?

I've got a plethora of P-38, P-39, P-40, and various bombers and I'm not sure how many to send to which location.

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 10
RE: India, Burma and China: What to Do? - 3/22/2015 9:05:25 AM   
Yaab

Australia does have fighter groups, but the groups are stuck in Singapore. I would worry about the lack of AA units in Australia proper. You have one light AA regiment and that's it. How will you protect i.e. Sydney port from a KB raid?

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 11
RE: India, Burma and China: What to Do? - 3/22/2015 2:22:35 PM   
rms1pa

quote:

How will you protect i.e. Sydney port from a KB raid?

early game, you take the beating like a man. run away, run away with aircraft and ships, land units dig and die. your day will come.

rms/pa

there is a technical term for those who confuse the opinions of an author's characters for the opinions of the author.
the term is IDIOT.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 12
RE: India, Burma and China: What to Do? - 3/22/2015 4:21:45 PM   
Lowpe

Good point on AA for Oz.

(in reply to rms1pa)
Post #: 13
RE: India, Burma and China: What to Do? - 3/26/2015 2:49:20 AM   
BlackhorseToo

Consider moving all the 5th Chinese Corps Divisions (six), all 6th Chinese Corps Divisions (three), and the 3rd New Chinese Corps (a long walk-rail-walk from near Nanchang) across the Burma border, then retreating them to India as the Japanese push into northern Burma.

Once the Burma Road is cut there will not be enough supply to fully support ground and air operations in China, and the dozens of under strength divisions and corps will stay that way. Conversely, any Chinese corps in India can grow fat on Indian supply, and expand into an impressive combat force.

Whether or not this is practical depends on your house rules about the need to spend PP to release restricted units to cross borders. If you have to pay 'retail' (full cost) then don't bother; the allies have other pressing needs for PP in the first few months of the war.

Sgt Oddball Negative waves, Moriarity, always with the negative waves. Can't you for once have a positive and righteous thought?
Moriarity Crap!

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> India, Burma and China: What to Do? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI