Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem with Shop

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Problem with Shop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with Shop - 12/3/2006 9:39:58 PM   
killroth

Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone else is having problems trying to purchase a game from the Matrix Store? The digital river page does not seem to load and I have tried it all day on multiple computers. Anyone know anything about this or when it might be fixed?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with Shop - 12/3/2006 10:25:44 PM   
Marc von Martial

Loads just fine, from where are you trying to connect? Try a trace route to the server, maybe you are blocked out at some hop between you and the DR server.

(in reply to killroth)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem with Shop - 12/3/2006 11:35:45 PM   
killroth

Well it is odd because I have tried just about everything, even going to the Digital River main site will not load. I also have tried going through google and on internet security have put the address as one to allow. Also I have tried it on multiple computers here at my house and they all do the same thing. I dont know my browser maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance.

< Message edited by killroth -- 12/3/2006 11:54:28 PM >

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem with Shop - 12/4/2006 12:12:50 PM   
Marc von Martial

Did you try a trace route yet?

(in reply to killroth)
Post #: 4
RE: Problem with Shop - 12/5/2006 12:58:54 AM   
killroth

I am not sure what that exactly means? But yes I have tried going directly to the digital river main site at www.digitalriver.com I believe it is and it is not working.

Post #: 5
RE: Problem with Shop - 12/5/2006 12:06:51 PM   
Marc von Martial

A "trace route" is a scan of all the hops between your computer and the target server. Since there is never a "direct line" the problem can be anywhere.

You can use this freeware tool here for doing a traceroute, for example, there are many others:

http://www.tucows.com/preview/328830

(in reply to killroth)
Post #: 6
RE: Problem with Shop - 12/6/2006 2:19:05 AM   
TerryM

I find it had to believe that you, as Director of OPs, would tell us to use a tracer. Knowing how these hops work...

I also find it VERY had to believe that you are not concerned by lost sales from more than one source.

So give us a break...do you want to sell, or have us start tracing?

TerryM

(in reply to killroth)
Post #: 7
RE: Problem with Shop - 12/6/2006 10:56:45 AM   
Marc von Martial

I'm Art Director and director of art related operations. I'm not tech support. I can advise the client though how to possible check what the problem is. If you think that is wrong, then I'm sorry I tried to help him.

And please, how the hell should I do a trace route from his computer to the server? Hacking into his PC?

It is the only solution that he does it himself to check if there are any bottlenecks between his computer and the target server. I can not do this from my place.

quote:

I also find it VERY had to believe that you are not concerned by lost sales from more than one source.

We are concerned and the matter has been send to tech support too. Otherwise we would not have bothered to even answer.

Digital River is a really big company and infrastructure provider. Their servers are very good and stable. It is most likely that the problem lies between "killroths" computer and DRs server. so if he does a trace route then we can check into this even better.

(in reply to TerryM)
Post #: 8
RE: Problem with Shop - 12/6/2006 2:51:40 PM   
Erik Rutins

Could each of you please e-mail me with an address we can use to contact you? As Marc pointed out, the DR site is definitely up and working, so the only way to resolve this is to put you in touch with DR's network people to see if they can find out where the problem is. You can e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com. Thanks.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 9
RE: Problem with Shop - 4/2/2007 5:54:02 PM   
killroth

I still have this problem and wondered if anyone else was having this issue as well. I cannot for some reason connect to the online store for Matrix and also cannot go to Digital River's website directly either. I think it might be my internet connection since when I was at my parents house over the weekend I was able to log into the site on my laptop. But when I came home my laptop was unable to connect to the site at all. I even tried my desktop connecting to the sites and it will not work either. Is it possible that it could be my internet connection?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 10
RE: Problem with Shop - 4/7/2007 6:27:50 PM   
killroth

I was wondering if anyone from Matrix is going to help me with this problem? I emailed Erik and have not heard a response back. Seriously is anyone going to help me?!?!

(in reply to killroth)
Post #: 11
RE: Problem with Shop - 4/8/2007 12:26:51 PM   
Marc von Martial

It seems to be something with your security settings I would say, maybe you somehow blocked the site via your firewall. I would also suggest you contact your ISP and see if they block certain IP ranges.

(in reply to killroth)
Post #: 12
RE: Problem with Shop - 7/15/2011 8:27:27 PM   
Feldarzt

Hi there,

whenever I use Firefox, the transaction page won't load. Using IE instead, everything works fine.
Try another browser. It's easy as that.

edit: kind of a late reply. anyway: I ran into this problem as well... today, 4 years after the thread was started ;)

< Message edited by Feldarzt -- 7/15/2011 8:29:47 PM >

Post #: 13
RE: Problem with Shop - 10/28/2011 8:34:48 AM   
pangqiuqiu25

ry a trace route to the server, maybe you are blocked out at some hop between you and the DR server. ...

(in reply to Feldarzt)
Post #: 14
RE: Problem with Shop - 12/26/2011 9:47:34 AM   
yiniluo

Bump, bump up
Good post must be the top

Dr Dre Beats Pro
Dr Dre Studio Headphones
Dr Dre Solo HD Headphones
Monster Beats By Dr Dre
Beats By Dr Dre Studio Headphones

(in reply to killroth)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Problem with Shop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI