Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cancelling construction?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Cancelling construction? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cancelling construction? - 12/11/2011 5:37:38 PM   
rtrapasso

This problem occurs with more frequency than i like:

You accidentally click on an icon, and suddenly you are building a facility that you don't want. Is there a way to cancel this?

The only way i've found so far is to "scrap" the facility (or ship) - but then it seems the game deducts the entire cost of the thing from your funds, even though you ordered the thing while the game was in pause mode, so it could have even started on it.

While i am on the subject of problems: is there any way to DISEMBARK troops on a troop carrier (other than invade something?)
Post #: 1
RE: Cancelling construction? - 12/11/2011 6:54:01 PM   
Grotius

I'm pretty sure you can disembark peacefully. I've shuttled troops around using a transport, usually from populated homeworld to unpopulated colony. Maybe disembarking is a ctl-Rclick option, rather than just a Rclick option?

As for a refund when you cancel construction, I haven't paid attention. I always just scrap the ship, or move it lower in the queue. I haven't noticed whether I got refunded the initial cost or not, but that's because I'm typically more worried about scarce resources and yard slots than I am about cash. Maybe others know?

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 2
RE: Cancelling construction? - 12/11/2011 7:08:32 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

I'm pretty sure you can disembark peacefully. I've shuttled troops around using a transport, usually from populated homeworld to unpopulated colony. Maybe disembarking is a ctl-Rclick option, rather than just a Rclick option?

i tried ctrl-rt-click without success...

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 3
RE: Cancelling construction? - 12/11/2011 8:30:09 PM   
geosch

I had a reply from Erik, I believe, on this very subject - you cannot cancel a build order (even immediately) without paying a penalty. I believe it is 50%.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4
RE: Cancelling construction? - 12/11/2011 8:44:32 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: geosch

I had a reply from Erik, I believe, on this very subject - you cannot cancel a build order (even immediately) without paying a penalty. I believe it is 50%.

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 12/11/2011 8:45:01 PM >

(in reply to geosch)
Post #: 5
RE: Cancelling construction? - 12/11/2011 10:31:07 PM   
cookie monster

You open the construction screen and cancel the build in progress... or you remove the build order from the pending build orders list

You can unload troops at any empire planet

Either hover the mouse over the planet and right click once the disembark troop icons are selected

or planet hover and control right click unload troops at this planet

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Cancelling construction? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI