Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

german air attacks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> german air attacks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
german air attacks - 1/12/2012 12:25:26 PM   
tigercub

feeling the game was close to were i would like to be before starting again (email game)...i kicked off today doing my recons picking airfields(manually) and launching some attacks on air bases but found!
my air craft list was not giving me the closest planes to use, it seemed to be randomly picking planes my first list the closest plane were 15 hexes away second was much the same the 3 attack was giving me planes 5 hexes away!! why would it not be giving me the closest air groups? all the Time!

Tigercub

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
Post #: 1
RE: german air attacks - 1/12/2012 1:41:33 PM   
mmarquo

Thanks for starting this thread; I have also noticed that the ground attack menu of aircraft frequently does not list fghters which are otherwise eligible and within range. Sometimes I have to manually click the base with the fighters to get some to participate.

This can't be WAD.

Marquo

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 2
RE: german air attacks - 1/12/2012 2:06:20 PM   
Helpless

If you don't select a staging base it will pick the base with biggest amount of plane available for the particular mission type. It doesn't always mean the closest. This was done to make automatic selection more stable and predictable. Without a staging base being selected amount of various combination is very high and it is close to impossible to make them all optimal.

It is recommended manually select staging base if you want to have more chances for some particular planes to join the strike. It is much more predictable.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 3
RE: german air attacks - 1/12/2012 2:06:32 PM   
Helpless

quote:

This can't be WAD.

it is

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 4
RE: german air attacks - 1/12/2012 2:53:42 PM   
tigercub

thx helpless that was what i needed to know!

Tigercub

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 5
RE: german air attacks New! - 1/15/2012 12:18:59 PM   
tigercub

I understand that air attacks on airfields have been reduced from the high levels ...but it now looks to me a little to much...i am using the lastest beta doing a fully manual attacks 2,700 destroyed picking my targets a bit light on i think...many large air strikes did not hit a thing! also i found the russian flak to be to FAR strong for this time in the war in a surprize attack turn!

Tigercub

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 6
RE: german air attacks New! - 1/15/2012 12:32:17 PM   
DesertedFox

Tiger, you told me your losses were 150 German aircraft, far too many and you state above that flak is too good.

Well this reference states,

Attack on the USSR - Aircraft Losses

Luftwaffe losses 22 June 1941: at least 35 but not many more than that.
Luftwaffe losses 22 - 28 June 1941: 179 destroyed.
Luftwaffe losses 22 June to 5 July 1941: 491 destroyed and 316 damaged.

Your right, there does seem to be a problem, losses for the first week are 15% light for the Germans, thus we need to increase the flak!

Also your aircraft losses inflicted on the Russians are purely from air attacks so far. When you move your units next to or attacking HQ/Airbases the debunking process will destroy all damaged aircraft in those bases. Thus to say that in your opening turn you only inflicted 2700 air losses on the Russians is incorrect, your turn is not finished yet.

< Message edited by Deserted Fox -- 1/15/2012 12:51:05 PM >

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> german air attacks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI