Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Loading Error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Loading Error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loading Error - 1/20/2012 10:38:13 PM   
Don77

Hi,

I am T32 of a server game (between Don77 and Enocm). On loading the game file today (about 0000 Zulu/GMT on Sat 21 Jan) - the dispositions of both Ge and Sov forces are as per T1 ie units etc are all at start positions. Has it loaded the wrong file, can I get Eno's uncorrupted trun, or can we get it to a previous version please.

Prompt help is appreciated - I have mowed the lawns, had coffe and the weekends are for WiTE afterall...

Don
Post #: 1
RE: Loading Error - 1/20/2012 10:47:29 PM   
Don77

Image attached of the game once opened.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Don77)
Post #: 2
RE: Loading Error - 1/21/2012 3:04:25 AM   
Joel Billings

Wow, I have no idea how this could happen. I've downloaded the latest turn and the backup one turn back, and I see what you see. I will email Pip to see if they've changed anything with the server that might cause this. I can roll you back to the previous German turn if you want, but the German player will have to remake their move. It may be best to see if Pip has any ideas, although odds are you'll have to go back one turn in any case.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Don77)
Post #: 3
RE: Loading Error - 1/21/2012 3:37:27 AM   
Don77

Hey Joel,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am just talking w my oppenent/mate (as I type), and I'll let you know what we found.
- Enocm says he didn't actually finish his turn, he only used the 'save' function. So I shouldn't have been able to access the turn at all. Hmm, could if let us know if we hit the wrong save/end turn button, or if its a glitch?

Regardless, please reset our game to the start of the (previous) Ge turn T32 (ie end of the Soviet turn in T31)

Don

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 4
RE: Loading Error - 1/21/2012 5:57:32 AM   
Joel Billings

Did Enocm start another game at some point around the time he saved the game? I've backed the game up one turn so hopefully Enocm can redo his turn and you can continue.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Don77)
Post #: 5
RE: Loading Error - 1/21/2012 9:01:43 AM   
Don77

Thanks Joel,

Really appreciate your support at the end of a week. I see he has the turn, and I texted him the same. I'll ask him tmrw am, after he's had a look at the turn and had a glass of red (cordial, ofc),

Don

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 6
RE: Loading Error - 1/22/2012 3:42:28 AM   
Enocm

Thanks Joel,

The game is up and running again, although you could have given me some assistance and returned all the russina units to Moscow (I need the help).

I did start another game Hotseated to check out the effect of turning the Support Level to o for all my HQs so I can centralise the SUs before reallocating them for the start of my spring offensive, which I will hopefully have enough force left to commence.

Many thanks
Eno

(in reply to Don77)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Loading Error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI