Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Don't Let Rocket Divs get attacked

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Don't Let Rocket Divs get attacked Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Don't Let Rocket Divs get attacked - 1/27/2012 2:59:11 AM   
Farfarer61

The casualties and equipment loss can be horrendous if they are routed. This was a full TOE unit:

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Don't Let Rocket Divs get attacked - 1/27/2012 4:46:48 AM   
2ndACR

What does a full strength look like?

(in reply to Farfarer61)
Post #: 2
RE: Don't Let Rocket Divs get attacked - 1/27/2012 11:45:47 AM   
Blubel

A '43 Rocket launcher division has about 850 of the BM-30-4 rocket launcher. Each is about 50 points, so a full division will cost you more then half a turns ararments production. Te later version has less equipment, but it is more expensive. You should also look out for your Breakthrough Artillery divisions...

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 3
RE: Don't Let Rocket Divs get attacked - 1/27/2012 2:55:49 PM   
Baelfiin

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

What does a full strength look like?

I have never seen one get to full strength 8)

"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha
The Logistics Phase is like Black Magic and Voodoo all rolled into one.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 4
RE: Don't Let Rocket Divs get attacked - 1/27/2012 11:55:55 PM   
Farfarer61

They take a while... I think this is where the current "anti-Armaments" war will hurt the Reds most. Flavius has been quite consistent in noting that these Rocket and Arty Divs are essential for cracking Fort Lines, so if they can't be made...

As a Soviet, I now won't take a chance on getting "just one more turn" of production from an Arm Fac. Indeed I may swicth to railling out all the small ones 100% ( so they will get back into production quickly) and saving as little as 1 point if needed from the biggies rather than losing them all together.

(in reply to Baelfiin)
Post #: 5
RE: Don't Let Rocket Divs get attacked - 1/28/2012 10:01:21 AM   
Michael T

The Soviets don't get enough arm anymore. A few of us flagged this as soon as the 42+ 130% mod was introduced. It needs to be raisd up to at least 150% IMO.

(in reply to Farfarer61)
Post #: 6
RE: Don't Let Rocket Divs get attacked - 1/28/2012 12:54:42 PM   
Peltonx

Its just fine where it is,

If you lose more then 40 armament pts with the uber over rated russian rail system your tring to lose.

A monkey can do better then that.

There is more then enough amr pts, but 95% of the russians lack the exp and knowledge of the game from 42-45 and build allot of usless junk.

The only bottle neck left that has not been nerfed is AP pt's. I am guessing that will get nerfed the next major patch and other gifts for the russian side.

the gifts being talked about are really not needed, just more playing exp from 42 on.

Pelton

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 7
RE: Don't Let Rocket Divs get attacked - 1/28/2012 3:11:36 PM   
Flaviusx

The problem with rocket divisions filling out is not related to armament points, btw. The suckers are just slow to reach full TOE no matter what your armament situation is.

The existing 130% multiplier is ok provided you know what to do and handle evacuations correctly. But there's not a lot of slack there and it's made the whole evacuation portion of the game rather rigid. For me anyways -- I have A Plan. It is the same plan for every game now. I wish the game allowed for more creativity here (not to mention a reason to actually care about heavy industry.) Certainly the days where you could write off 100 armament factories and fight it out are gone.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 8
RE: Don't Let Rocket Divs get attacked - 1/30/2012 12:50:04 PM   
Farfarer61

I am having to disband the Arty Regiments and Fort Zones that were useful in 1941-42 in order to free up the big guns for the Arty Divs in 43. Particular bottlenecks are 152mm Gun _ Howitzer and 122mm Guns. I will avoid buiding any Army Arty Regiments, and tone down RGVK Arty Regt building.

Another error was buidling too many Heavy Mortar battalions, but I like those huge siege mortars :)

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 9
RE: Don't Let Rocket Divs get attacked - 1/30/2012 2:32:39 PM   
Seminole

quote:

I wish the game allowed for more creativity here (not to mention a reason to actually care about heavy industry.)

Are you saying that HI and the supplies they produce are never in high demand for the Soviet relative to production?

(in reply to Farfarer61)
Post #: 10
RE: Don't Let Rocket Divs get attacked - 1/30/2012 4:04:48 PM   
vlcz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Seminole

quote:

I wish the game allowed for more creativity here (not to mention a reason to actually care about heavy industry.)

Are you saying that HI and the supplies they produce are never in high demand for the Soviet relative to production?

It was discussed in some old thread [I remenber it was Pelton who strart it], it seems that given the number of HI and resources to use in them soviet cannot realistically loss enough HI to have a impact on its supply level.

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 11
RE: Don't Let Rocket Divs get attacked - 1/30/2012 4:41:25 PM   
Flaviusx

There's a huge amount of slack with HI. I have never run into a supply shortage even by ignoring all evacuations of HI. It's simply not a constraining factor in Soviet production.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to vlcz)
Post #: 12
RE: Don't Let Rocket Divs get attacked - 1/30/2012 5:01:01 PM   
Seminole

I'm tracking production in my two current games (MP and PBEM), but I didn't know how supply usage would change in late game with larger on map units eating supplies, and likely higher cost to build units in the late build order.
Another question: Does all surplus supply get stored, or is there any kind of loss rate amongst the surplus?
I've only played one other '41 GC against the AI and it ended in '43 without me paying any attention whatsoever to airpower or production (I evac'ed factories in the beginning, but never followed any of the production stats)

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Don't Let Rocket Divs get attacked Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI