Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for a Soviet Opponent for a Grand Campaign (CLOSED).

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for a Soviet Opponent for a Grand Campaign (CLOSED). Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for a Soviet Opponent for a Grand Campaign (CLO... - 2/5/2012 2:21:41 AM   
DivePac88

Hi guys, I am looking for a Special Soviet Adversary, for a 1941 to 1945 pbem campaign game. They would need to be reasonably experienced in playing the game, either in pbem or AI. As I have had this game since it came-out, and have played the AI, and one learning pbem game against a friend. Also I would request someone with a few posts up please, as I find they do not disappear on one.

Now the reason I said ‘Special’ is that I have a problem, So I will just lay my cards out on the table. The bad news is that; I am the proud owner of an inoperable cancer tumour (endocrine tumour), and the good news is that: because of the treatment I am receiving it is dormant at present.

But this treatment takes time, and up most of one day a week, and another three days a month at the local Hospital. Also I go into the Provincial Hospital on the 16th of this month for about a week for another course of treatment. But I would like an opponent setup hopefully before this happens.

So the game would not be a fast one, with maybe an average of three turns a week. I do have the game also installed on a modern 15inch Vaio-E Laptop, with mobile internet access. So I can quiet-often return turns when I’m in hospital, so the game wouldn’t completely stop.

I am not what you would call a ‘panzer-pusher’, but play more of an historical type of game. Also I am not what you would term a ‘Gamey player’, or a ‘Loophole Lawyer’ either. But like a fair and happy game, where both players are trying to murder each other on the map only.

I have studied the German Eastern Front campaign (along with the US Pacific campaign) for many years, and it as always been my wish/dream to wargame it. I have played this game for over a year now, and for me the passion is in every game turn.

As for house rules I am open, but not stupid. I would prefer Pbem and not the Server, to play with Random Weather, and to have FOW. So if you are interested, and fit the bill, please drop me a PM.

Edit; I forgot to state that I am running the current Public Beta Patch 1.05.59c.

Cheers Des.

< Message edited by DivePac88 -- 2/5/2012 10:03:47 PM >

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for a Soviet Opponent for a Grand Campaign (CLOSED). Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI