Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game crashes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Tech Support >> Game crashes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game crashes - 12/30/2011 5:31:21 PM   
Gunnerchimp

Hi guys

Well I took the plunge and bought the game with some money that Santa gave me; I'd really enjoyed the old Talonsoft version of BTR, despite its flaws and often eccentric behaviour!

So here I am Day 1 into my new 1943 campaign, and the game has hung on me twice already! I couldn't find any other reports of this happening within the tech support threads, so thought I'd post it. Basically, it's crashed while scrolling across the map and also when trying to move a waypoint. I guess it'll be something impossible to trace, especially as I have to hard re-set the PC as it totally locks up.

If there are any known issues or conflicts that I need to be aware of (anti-virus etc), please let me know and I'll disable them accordingly. I've upgraded to V1.02 and am running Win XP SP3 with a Q8200 processor and 4GB RAM. Any help would be very much appreciated

Gunnerchimp

Post #: 1
RE: Game crashes - 12/31/2011 4:20:13 AM   
harley

No issues of that sort whatsoever.

Even more surprising given you're on an older system and OS - we thoroughly tested with both.

EDBTR doesn't make a great use of fancy graphics, but I'd suggest looking at your video drivers to start with.

gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy

(in reply to Gunnerchimp)
Post #: 2
RE: Game crashes - 1/1/2012 6:28:15 PM   
Gunnerchimp

Well so far so good, upgraded to the latest AMD Catalyst drivers and haven't had a problem since. Seems strange as the existing ones were only from September! Actually getting the new drivers to work was a real pain, but that's a tale for the AMD forum!

Many thanks for your help.

PS Really impressed with the new game, plays a whole lot better than the original. P-40s that actually have a chance in combat. Wow. I know, I'm easily pleased.

(in reply to harley)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Tech Support >> Game crashes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI