Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Axis opponent wanted 1.06.00 CG 41

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Axis opponent wanted 1.06.00 CG 41 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Axis opponent wanted 1.06.00 CG 41 - 2/19/2012 7:42:21 AM   
delatbabel

Now that 1.06.00 is out I am prepared to try a PBEM game again.

I'm not that experienced in PBEM but have played some FTF games. Probably not the highest calibre of opposition you meet here so I'm happy to play someone beginner to intermediate.

CG 41, Me Soviets, You Axis, random weather, locked or non locked HQs (sides choose their own, I prefer to start with mine all unlocked then lock them manually a few turns in), full FOW. 3-5 turns per week as I have a job. AU/Sydney time zone so if you're USA based turns may arrive at odd hours for you.

--
Del
Post #: 1
RE: Axis opponent wanted 1.06.00 CG 41 - 2/19/2012 7:51:13 AM   
glvaca

I'm tempted, but I'm not a fan for non-historical as I always end up with 2 mud turns at the critical moment.

I'd like to add no para drops more than 10 hexes behind the lines. interpret that losely, just don't drop on freaking Berlin when we're fighting in front of Moscow.

I'm Europe based so I think we might match nicely.

I'd prefer locked HQ's from the start.

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 2
RE: Axis opponent wanted 1.06.00 CG 41 - 2/19/2012 8:20:15 AM   
delatbabel

Sorry, random weather is not up for discussion. If you know what the weather is going to be in 6 months time, why are you invading Russia? :)

I'm happy with the no paradrops rule. I'll also agree to a rule limiting airfield bombing -- say one attack per airfield per turn max, except for the Axis for the first 4 turns.

I'm happy to lock your HQs but what advantage do I gain from having mine locked from the start? Better to have a turn or two to allow a more even distribution of artillery units then lock them. I'm still not sure why players want to have locked HQs from the start, I've never heard of a reason for it.

--
Del

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 3
RE: Axis opponent wanted 1.06.00 CG 41 - 2/19/2012 8:37:51 AM   
glvaca

I confused you, Axis locked only is what I meant to say. No problem at all with you select unlocked for the Soviet. My reason for not using unlocked is not the arty but all the other stuff that gets shifted around but, hey, whatever makes you a happy bunny is fine with me
Ok for the airfield attacks, think it was solved a while back.

You're twisting my arm here with the random weather but ok, I'll give way and live to regret it in a couple of weeks

I'll pm my email address.

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Axis opponent wanted 1.06.00 CG 41 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI