Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Factory Fails to Produce

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Factory Fails to Produce Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Factory Fails to Produce - 2/23/2012 10:43:42 PM   
Capt Cliff

I have a aircraft factory that has almost continually failed, the red X, to produce. The factory produces Jakes with the HA-33 engine. My HA-33 engine is are 102 and I am trying to expand it but the Nagoya supply keeps dropping below 10k. But my question is what exactly is causing the Jake factory to fail? Is there anyway of tell why? A mouse over the red X gets me nothing. I assumed the engine production is not keeping pace and the Jake has low prioirty over the Val and Nells.

Capt. Cliff
Post #: 1
RE: Factory Fails to Produce - 2/23/2012 10:47:35 PM   
Capt Cliff

Here's a screenie of the engine and aircraft production.

Attachment (1)

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 2
RE: Factory Fails to Produce - 2/24/2012 12:18:03 AM   
ADB123

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Cliff

I have a aircraft factory that has almost continually failed, the red X, to produce. The factory produces Jakes with the HA-33 engine. My HA-33 engine is are 102 and I am trying to expand it but the Nagoya supply keeps dropping below 10k. But my question is what exactly is causing the Jake factory to fail? Is there anyway of tell why? A mouse over the red X gets me nothing. I assumed the engine production is not keeping pace and the Jake has low prioirty over the Val and Nells.

Check and see what other planes are being built that use the Ha-33 engine. If there are more planes being than engines being built in a day, one of the plane factories will shut off until your engine build matches your airplane build. It sounds like your Jakes are "it".

As far as Nagoya goes, just set the Supply Demand to something over 8K and that will build up around 20K+ in the base.

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 3
RE: Factory Fails to Produce - 2/24/2012 1:07:13 AM   
Capt Cliff

quote:

ORIGINAL: ADB123

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Cliff

Check and see what other planes are being built that use the Ha-33 engine. If there are more planes being than engines being built in a day, one of the plane factories will shut off until your engine build matches your airplane build. It sounds like your Jakes are "it".

As far as Nagoya goes, just set the Supply Demand to something over 8K and that will build up around 20K+ in the base.

Yes, I have 51 Vals, 30 Jakes, 69 Nells (138 engines) and 35 Mavis (140 engines) for 359 engines per month requirement. Funny I actually have 13 HA-33 engines in the pool. Do the Japanese start with a bunch of engines in the pool? If I am only making 103 engines a month shouldn't other airplanes be showing as failing to produce as well?

Oh, as for supply at Nagoya I have had it at 8k, then 10k, the 15k then 7k and still I have a problem keeping the supply over 10k.

I just turned off the Mavis production and convert some of my older engine engine factories to Ha-33, also one to Ha-35. We'll see how that works. Boy the Japanese production requires micromanagement.

< Message edited by Capt Cliff -- 2/24/2012 1:20:12 AM >

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to ADB123)
Post #: 4
RE: Factory Fails to Produce - 2/24/2012 1:37:50 AM   
ADB123

quote:

Yes, I have 51 Vals, 30 Jakes, 69 Nells (138 engines) and 35 Mavis (140 engines) for 359 engines per month requirement. Funny I actually have 13 HA-33 engines in the pool. Do the Japanese start with a bunch of engines in the pool? If I am only making 103 engines a month shouldn't other airplanes be showing as failing to produce as well?

Oh, as for supply at Nagoya I have had it at 8k, then 10k, the 15k then 7k and still I have a problem keeping the supply over 10k.

I just turned off the Mavis production and convert some of my older engine engine factories to Ha-33, also one to Ha-35. We'll see how that works. Boy the Japanese production requires micromanagement.

You need to see how many planes per day you are making. That will tell you the daily requirements.

As you eat down the pool of engines you will shut down more aircraft production.

As far as Nagoya goes, look at the left hand side of the Base Screen and find "Supplies Required". There will be a couple of "triangle" buttons next to it. Click the "single triangle" button and you will see the Supplies Required increase. Click it 6 or 7 times and you will see something over 7K Supplies Required. This will cause the Game Engine to send around 3 times that amount of Supply, which means in a turn or two there ought to be over 20K supplies. Always go with 20K+ supplies to make your Factories repair the fastest.

(If you click the second triangle button it will max out the base with supplies and take away too much from everywhere else.)

And yes, welcome to "MicroManagement in the Pacific - Auditors Edition"...

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 5
RE: Factory Fails to Produce - 2/24/2012 6:37:22 AM   
Puhis

You are not producing enough engines. Also, IMO you are overproducing Mavis and Nell, I suggest you shut down those factories immediately to get some engines into pool. Mavis (and Emily) are really expensive planes to produce, because they need 4 engines. G3M2 Nell is already outdated plane.

You have to ask yourself, do you really need to produce 35 Mavis and 69 Nells each month?

(in reply to ADB123)
Post #: 6
RE: Factory Fails to Produce - 2/24/2012 11:27:35 AM   
koniu

You should also think about shotting down some production of armament ( at lest 50% or all for while) and expanding vehicle production to 150-200.

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 7
RE: Factory Fails to Produce - 2/24/2012 7:02:06 PM   
Capt Cliff

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis

You are not producing enough engines. Also, IMO you are overproducing Mavis and Nell, I suggest you shut down those factories immediately to get some engines into pool. Mavis (and Emily) are really expensive planes to produce, because they need 4 engines. G3M2 Nell is already outdated plane.

You have to ask yourself, do you really need to produce 35 Mavis and 69 Nells each month?

Considering the loses I am taking with Nell's making 2 a day is just keeping up. It sure would be nice if when you select an engine you get all the possible air-frame combinations, including future use. I am not sure whether the Ha-33 engine goes to the end of the war. Only my Jake product is failing and I am not losing any so far to cap.

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 8
RE: Factory Fails to Produce - 2/24/2012 10:43:49 PM   
jcjordan

As others said you might try to shut down the production of the other a/c temporarily to allow you engines to build up then cycle them back on later on (you might have to micromanage these plane factories due to the # of engines). Offhand it just looks like Jake's are at the bottom of the priorities for engines. As far as your supply problem, I'd say it just supplies getting moved around the HI to the different bases due to limits set for them. I assume most supply is at Tokyo so you might try moving some supply to bases that look like they're needing it either for repairing factories/building things & that might slow down the fluctuations.

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Factory Fails to Produce Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI