Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Feature Request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Feature Request Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Feature Request - 8/6/2011 10:09:26 AM   
notenome

This is something which has little to do with the specifics of the game but to me is absolutely crucial. I really liked, loved actually, the mega campaigns for Steel Panthers, and can never understand why that campaign design isnt used more often. Now Ostfront has campaigns, upgrades, a persistent core force, however the campaigns are purely linear. So a simple feature request is to at least make it possible that the outcome of a battle (Decisive, Legendary, Marginal etc) dictate what the next scenario will be. That would make it possible for modders to create dynamic campaigns, which would be awesome.
Post #: 1
RE: Feature Request - 8/6/2011 2:23:01 PM   
junk2drive

As I recall the Mega Campaigns were not random generated scenarios. For each possible battle a scenario had to be made. At least the map and opposing force. It is a huge undertaking and why you have not seen another after Screaming Eagles.

Our random generated campaigns give you a mix of battles and forces but no branching.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to notenome)
Post #: 2
RE: Feature Request - 8/6/2011 5:14:36 PM   
rickier65

As junk2drive said, creating the branches would be a pretty large undertaking. However, I would also like to see form of a branching capability, but I dont know that we have the resources to do that. But it is certainly something we could consider looking at. Maybe if the capability was there, the community would make use of it.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Feature Request - 8/6/2011 5:29:59 PM   
notenome

Im fully aware the megas weren't random, its not what I meant. What I simply wanted was the ability for a scenario to lead to more than one other scenario, so Scenario1 instead of always leading to Scenario2 could lead to Scenario2a (if legendary or major victor) Scenario 2b (tactical victory or draw) Scenario 2c (marginal loss) etc. Just coding that functionality would be enough to allow the community to make amazing campaigns.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 4
RE: Feature Request - 3/1/2012 1:17:38 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

What about Close Combat-style dynamic campaigning?

(in reply to notenome)
Post #: 5
RE: Feature Request - 3/1/2012 3:20:20 PM   
Mobius

Win, draw or lose if you have a random campaign how do you know the next random battle is not what you would have gotten if not the case?

(in reply to CSO_Talorgan)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Feature Request Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI