Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why don't my troops use panzerfaust???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Why don't my troops use panzerfaust??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why don't my troops use panzerfaust??? - 6/12/2013 3:28:34 AM   
petersolo

I have started up a campaign vs AI. I am German. Playing on the Valkensward map I had my command platoon, which is armed with 1 panzerfaust, set up in a building overlooking the main road to Eindhoven. Sure enough up the road comes a Sherman! It stops about 30 to 40 metres away with a nice flank shot. I am in ambush mode and watching my men in eager anticipation of a panzerfaust shot. To my amazement my men break cover and try to assault the Sherman with grenades!! What the hell???
Needless to say they were mown down by mg fire. I was not happy. Another patch needed.

Peter
Post #: 1
RE: Why don't my troops use panzerfaust??? - 6/12/2013 5:23:45 AM   
Tejszd

Wonder if in the data that the panzerfaust can't be fired inside???

(in reply to petersolo)
Post #: 2
RE: Why don't my troops use panzerfaust??? - 6/12/2013 9:37:56 AM   
petersolo

Hmmm maybe that is the problem. However I think I have fired bazookas from indoors. Anyone know what the doctrine is for recoiless weapons? Is the backblast so great that firing from a room is prohibited?

Peter

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 3
RE: Why don't my troops use panzerfaust??? - 6/13/2013 3:34:12 PM   
Cathartes

More times than not in LSA, regular infantry units will assault armor to no effect, and to their own detriment. It would be nice if this could be fixed, but doubt that it will be at this point. Infantry units can and will use AT weapons, but not predictably.

Support units will NOT assault (MG units, anti-tank infantry, etc.), so next time, if available, use a Panzerjaeger unit.

(in reply to petersolo)
Post #: 4
RE: Why don't my troops use panzerfaust??? - 6/14/2013 1:13:56 AM   
petersolo

Well I tried a couple of different things. I was able to fire a panzerschrek from a window so that means backblast is not a problem. I also used a command squad with 1 panzerfaust in ambush mode in woods next to a road. This time when a Sherman went by they used the panzerfaust. Hopefully most of the time the right tactics will work. Thanks for the info regarding the support units, I didn't know that.

Peter

(in reply to Cathartes)
Post #: 5
RE: Why don't my troops use panzerfaust??? - 4/30/2014 8:19:08 PM   
STIENER

gotta LOVE CC....most issues dont seem to get fixed do they. after we buy the game, we play test it for them and then tell them of issues and they usually dont believe us, then after about a month they go on to the next project and no other bugs ever get fixed.
but we keep coming back..........

(in reply to petersolo)
Post #: 6
RE: Why don't my troops use panzerfaust??? - 5/6/2014 6:42:25 PM   
Kanov

This needs to be addressed in a patch. It affects most new re-releases if not all.

-Bug: Troops in ambush mode with AT capabilities (pzfaust, explosives etc) in range of armor, break cover and charge the armor with grenades or just try to stay under its belly for some reason.

-Expected behavior: Soldier with AT weapon should stay in cover until it has bright green LOS and green target reticle to armor and then use its weapon against it.

Furthermore, I would appreciate if there was a mode to tell the soldiers to not fire their panzerfaust at infantry, only at armor. Setting their blast area to zero does help but they still use it sometimes. This has been broken since cc3 so I doubt it gets fixed but just putting it out there. Only CC2 has it right, was fixed in its only patch.

Hard-core Spectre

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 7
RE: Why don't my troops use panzerfaust??? - 5/7/2014 8:52:24 PM   
STIENER

any feedback from matrix on your BUG thread above Kanov?

< Message edited by STIENER -- 5/7/2014 10:07:59 PM >

(in reply to Kanov)
Post #: 8
RE: Why don't my troops use panzerfaust??? - 5/13/2014 3:23:09 PM   
Kanov

quote:

ORIGINAL: STIENER

any feedback from matrix on your BUG thread above Kanov?

No. I don't think there's going to be a fix, honestly.

Hard-core Spectre

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 9
RE: Why don't my troops use panzerfaust??? - 5/13/2014 5:41:04 PM   
SteveMcClaire

It's been recorded as a bug so I can look into it. If it needs a bug fix, then it becomes a matter of when there will be an opportunity for me to do update work on the older versions. That would likely be sometime after The Bloody First is released, at the earliest.

Steve

(in reply to Kanov)
Post #: 10
RE: Why don't my troops use panzerfaust??? - 5/13/2014 7:33:43 PM   
Kanov

Thanks for responding Steve, we'll see

Hard-core Spectre

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 11
RE: Why don't my troops use panzerfaust??? - 5/15/2014 7:43:37 PM   
johnsilver

quote:

I would appreciate if there was a mode to tell the soldiers to not fire their panzerfaust at infantry, only at armor. Setting their blast area to zero does help but they still use it sometimes. This has been broken since cc3 so I doubt it gets fixed but just putting it out there. Only CC2 has it right, was fixed in its only patch.

I would appreciate if there was a mode to tell the soldiers to not fire their panzerfaust at infantry, only at armor. Setting their blast area to zero does help but they still use it sometimes. This has been broken since cc3 so I doubt it gets fixed but just putting it out there. Only CC2 has it right, was fixed in its only patch.

Yeah, that has been going on forever, then the infantry that initially was armed with a 'faust or 2 runs into a tank has already fired them at some infantry and becomes track lube..

There is a bright side.. Sometimes those fired off 'fausts at infantry will take out 2-4 at one time with a lucky shot, even more in some mods where infantry teams occasionally have 3-4 of them.

Way I see it is that there is just so much the AI can be programed to do and telling it to not fire them at Infantry is beyond it's ability without messing something up, or compromising it.

Having infantry not commit suicide with banzai attacks on tanks should be fixable, since they never did it on TLD and backwards, but choosing not to use a faust? I dunno.

< Message edited by johnsilver -- 5/15/2014 8:44:28 PM >

(in reply to Kanov)
Post #: 12
RE: Why don't my troops use panzerfaust??? - 5/15/2014 8:18:42 PM   
Kanov

As I mentioned, CC2 had it right. But using the data CC2 has for panzerfaust on other CC does not give the same result, it keeps its use limited but still infantry will use their pzfaust at other infantry given the chance.

Now someone will probably say that pzfausts were used against other targets too not just tanks and they would be right, but I think for gameplay reasons they should fire only at vehicles. It's the german player Ace under the sleeve when he almost always is outnumbered, and wasting that asset like that makes no sense to me.

Hard-core Spectre

(in reply to johnsilver)
Post #: 13
RE: Why don't my troops use panzerfaust??? - 5/15/2014 8:53:55 PM   
vobbnobb

@ main poster, as far as I know the panzerfaust is a secondary weapon along with that soldier primary weapon is a rifle or smg. one reason I can think of your team didn't use it may be because of gunner death, and weapon wasn't picked up or transferred, a green horn team, target too close, they already used the round previously somewhere or weapon jam. they were both used against buildings, bunkers and armor. Panzerfausts were decent against buildings also, but your right why waste it? Its all up to the team how they use them. Bazookas were good for buildings as well and mg nests, many people think they were just for armor. Going to the extreme could they have been trying to rig a booby trap with the warhead on the tank? The Germans can do it with the hafthohlladung bomb found in the game.. But you said soldiers used regular grenades which leaves me more to think no ammo.

< Message edited by vobbnobb -- 5/15/2014 10:10:04 PM >

(in reply to Kanov)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Why don't my troops use panzerfaust??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI