Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign summary

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Campaign summary Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign summary - 12/4/2002 2:28:07 AM   
jphamel

Is this usual behavior in a campaign, the number of battles fought is always 1 less than I actually fought? Am i missing something?

for example I'm in the stalingrad campaign, I've completed 3 scenarios, and at the end on the campaign sumary screen where you have the number of DV, MV, battles fought, the battles fought says 2, campaign score 2, last result: marginal victory

This particular screen is not in the manual so is the battles the points accumulated or the number of battle fought,
I would say its the number of battles since there is already a line with [I]campaign score[/I]

I know it's just a summary but I thought I'd point it out in case its a bug.

Any help or feedback on this?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
- 12/4/2002 5:21:14 AM   
Tutty

I believe that the campaign score is 3 points for a desicive victory, 2 for a marginal and 1 for a draw. (correct me if I'm wrong)

As for the battles fought being one less than you actually have fought, I don't know. I don't think I've ever had that problem, though I've never played the Stalingrad campaign...

"NUTS!" - General McAullife

(in reply to jphamel)
Post #: 2
- 12/5/2002 7:49:00 AM   
BryanMelvin

You need to read the Tibits post on campaign!

It is 3 for a DV
2 for a ML
0 - ZERO- for a draw
and minus for all Loses!

So a MV equals 2 points and a draw - zero points!

(in reply to jphamel)
Post #: 3
- 12/5/2002 1:07:45 PM   
jphamel

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BryanMelvin
[B]You need to read the Tibits post on campaign!

[/B][/QUOTE]

I now the scores for the different results.

But to me I tought the line [I]BATTLES FOUGHT[/I] was a counter to the number of battles fought up to now in the campaign, sorry to have disturbed you guys.

BTW I'm on to scen 6, great campaign MEL!!! Two thumbs up! way up!

(in reply to jphamel)
Post #: 4
- 12/5/2002 1:50:15 PM   
BryanMelvin

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jphamel
[B]

I now the scores for the different results.

But to me I tought the line [I]BATTLES FOUGHT[/I] was a counter to the number of battles fought up to now in the campaign, sorry to have disturbed you guys.

BTW I'm on to scen 6, great campaign MEL!!! Two thumbs up! way up! [/B][/QUOTE]

I was difficult to do the math but there are 24 battles per switch (29 total battles-switch = 4 winter storm and 4 Pocket battles) but only 24 count toward points. Some battles are supereasy to win and some are not ;)

If you win all Marginals and no decisives - you can win a finale campaign Decisive victory (24x2=48) but this will be almost impossible. I calculated the oods of winning each battle and with the spread between draws, MV and DV should edge points up for a win but any loses will be a major set back. Too many draws will effect the game too :eek: and herein lies the challenge!

(in reply to jphamel)
Post #: 5
- 12/5/2002 1:59:22 PM   
jphamel

Thanks Mel,

Right now, 2 Draw, 3 MV.

I still have a bit to learn before getting DV, Finaly learn to concentrat on the misson objectives instead of running all over the place or puting all my efforts into a single enemy tank and forgetting that the priority was on the mission objectives . I was running out of turns, not anymore. It's a great learning experience.

BTW I've ordered Operation Watchtower before they're gone for good, and I hope they make the others available again.

(in reply to jphamel)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Campaign summary Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI