Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Well Done On V 2.10 !

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Well Done On V 2.10 ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Well Done On V 2.10 ! - 12/1/2002 6:11:32 PM   
Raverdave

Well done to all of those Matrix staff that worked on V 2.10 !

I can now run the 8 PBEM games MUCH faster, and the air to air combat sounds are great! Next time your are in Melbourne I'll shout you a beer !:)

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Post #: 1
- 12/1/2002 7:20:37 PM   
Howard Mitchell

Looks good from this side of the planet to.

I ran through the Coral Sea last night and lost the Yorktown sunk and the Lexington slightly bent, but sunk the Zuikaku in return. The air combats are now much better than in v2.0, CAP is back to performing properly and AA is not the killer it was. Its always a good sign that you can get close to historical results.

I've noticed squadrons transferring and leaving their pilots behind, so turning up with planes but no-one to fly them, but they fill out nicely over the next day or two. Given the historical difficulties in shifting whole squadrons I'm happy enough with a delay until they get themselves sorted out.

So overall well done Matrix! I had put off starting a new, long game until the air combat routine was fiixed.

Now, where did I leave those invasion plans for Port Moresby...

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 2
- 12/1/2002 7:36:03 PM   
DoomedMantis

Thanks Matrix, I am loving the fact that I don't have to exit the game every time I want to play a turn

I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 3
- 12/1/2002 9:22:47 PM   
Grotius

Hey DoomedMantis,

I haven't tried PBEM yet, so I'm curious: do you alt-Tab out of UV to get your latest e-mail? Is the game stable if you do that?

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 4
- 12/2/2002 6:32:35 AM   
DoomedMantis

Perfectly stable, that was one of the great features

I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 5
- 12/2/2002 10:19:50 AM   
bilbow

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Grotius
[B]Hey DoomedMantis,

I haven't tried PBEM yet, so I'm curious: do you alt-Tab out of UV to get your latest e-mail? Is the game stable if you do that? [/B][/QUOTE]

Very stable, no problems at all. A huge speedup when playing multiple games. Well done, Matrix.

Is it just me, or is Air to air much more brutal? I just had a carrier strike and counterstrike, 3+ CV each side in a PBEM game where both air forces were annihilated, not a single ship hit.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 6
- 12/2/2002 10:50:47 AM   
dpstafford

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bilbow
[B]Is it just me, or is Air to air much more brutal? I just had a carrier strike and counterstrike, 3+ CV each side in a PBEM game where both air forces were annihilated, not a single ship hit. [/B][/QUOTE]
That, and level bombers are now more lethal against ships than ever. Did I lose maybe 2 transports invading PM under 2.0? And now in two days with 2.1, you have wiped out 20 transports with B-25's and B-26's!!!! And two days of clear weather and my CV air ops were "cancelled due to weather" on both. So that problem is back. Also, subs are now attacking on the surface and being gunned to death by oilers....... Caution: UV is now unplayable--quick!!! Patch the patch (again.....)!

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Well Done On V 2.10 ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI