Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Calling All Programmers!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Calling All Programmers! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Calling All Programmers! - 8/4/2012 11:31:37 AM   
GaryChildress

It's sort of a PITA to save each individual ship side file one at a time, especially when you are working on a large number of them. I had an idea for simpifying the process if anyone knowledgable about programming is interested in undertaking the task. Basiclaly this is my idea:

Start out with a compound file of say 48 ship sides and 48 shils mounted side by side in 4 rows of 12 backgrounds each (SEE PICTURE BELOW). Each sky background on the left would correspond with a pink transparent background on the right. So for instance I would put the same ship in the upper left sky background as the upper left pink transparent background. Once I put all the ship sides on the compound picture board, I would then run a program which would automatically split off each picture to an individual file. The program would give me the ability to choose a number range for the files. So for instance I could choose 383 - 400 which would create 17 background files and 17 pink transparency files numbered sequentially from 0383 to 0400 and place them in a folder of my choice. The sky backgrounds would automatically be saved in the format "AnSide0383" - "AnSide0400" or there would be a switch where I could choose Axis and name the files "JnSide0380" - "JnSide0400". and the pink files would be saved as "AnShil0383" - "AnShil0400" or for Axis: "JnShil0383" - "JnShil0400".

Is there anyone out there in AE-land willing and able to create such a program? I am willing to pay for the service so long as I am able to afford the price.

Many thanks!

EDIT: The reason I have the backgrounds arranged as shown above is that once I fill the pink side with ships I can copy and paste transparent over the sky backgrounds in one swoop.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Gary Childress -- 8/4/2012 11:48:55 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: Calling All Programmers! - 8/4/2012 4:25:07 PM   
GaryChildress

Well I sort of found what I'm looking for. I downloaded an image splitting file from CNET which has allowed me to easily separate the above file into 48 sides and 48 shils files. The only problem is with naming. I had to write a batch file to rename all the spllit files to JnShilxxxx etc. because the image splitter doesn't have ability to name the files the way I want.

I still think a dedicated program just for use with AE would be best, though.

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Calling All Programmers! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI